stuspick

Advice on where to mount camera?

I want to mount a camera in the front of my house and want to make it as discreet as possible. I was thinking using either a dome or bullet style camera. And would like to cover the most area. Where would you put it?

Thanks

N1615366.jpg.e8fc690dbc90fd405a7a161e74130da9.jpg

Depends on what you want to see; do you want to identify people coming to your front door or do you want to focus more on your yard and driveway. The most discreet area (IMO) would be under the eave on the right side of the house. A wide angle dome or bullet would cover your yard, driveway and front door area. Where are you running your wires to? Little more info please.

Depends on what you want to see; do you want to identify people coming to your front door or do you want to focus more on your yard and driveway. The most discreet area (IMO) would be under the eave on the right side of the house. A wide angle dome or bullet would cover your yard, driveway and front door area. Where are you running your wires to? Little more info please.

I would like to see some of the driveway and also be able to identify people coming to the front door. The wires will be run on the right side of the house about 2 feet off the ground.

i agree with squelch to put the cam under the roof eaves on the right side looking at the photo.

however.

if someone comes over your back fence they could walk up the side pathway and smash the camera from behind its field of view.

i might put a gate on the right side path , or another camera pointing backwards toward the rear , it discourages thieves or vandals from walking to the back of your house , if they were going to break in they wouldnt do it through a front window or door , they would walk to the back where there is no witnesses