bytre

No video in IE activex with DVR

I'm new here, but may have a problem posted to by some users of similar DVRs.

My DVR is a "Gadspot GS2002", which uses an activex control from "zhuhai raysharp technology", the activex control is named dvrocx.ocx. The DVR manual and DVR-based UI look very similar to qsee, avtech, and a couple other DVRs I've seen so I suspect it is of similar lineage. It uses an h264 codec.

My problem:

I have configured the DVR, and have it actively working. I can use it fine locally on an attached monitor.

Remotely, on the local area network, I can log in, but I get no picture from cameras (it actually shows a dark grey screen) either live or replay. I get no errors, just no video.

The thing is that it does work on some machines and not on others (worked on a vista x64 machine, a vista x86 machine and a win7 x86 machine, failed on 6 others). Because of this, I know it is not simply a malfunctioning or misconfigured DVR or network problem.

I've been trying to troubleshoot this with the vendor for over 5 weeks now, including multiple rdp (remote desktop) sessions with their tech support and engineering. The first one they disregarded because it was in a VM, so I set up a dedicated machine for them to do whatever they wanted on, but they've not been able to get it working there either.

I really suspect there is a problem with their dvrocx installer assuming some dependency on the machine which is not there, but they can't seem to figure it out.

Does anyone have any wisdom with these, or am I getting what I deserve for buying a sub $200 DVR?

http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/cctv.aspx?Type=3&Type2=3

http://www.gadspot.com/product_info.php?products_id=202

I am not sure if the Gadspot is an AVTech, or not. True Gadspot has had AVTech DVRs in the past.

With the DVR that you have, and if you had Windows XP, then you can go to tools > internet options > Browsing History Delete.

Delete Temp Internet Files, and then relog in to your DVR, and see if that gives you the Active X prompt.

Here are some more notes:

http://scorpiontheater.com/url.aspx

hi,my friend,i known your problem,you should enter the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files ,all of the active X is in it ,you can delete them ,and install them once again

Oh, I am able to install the activeX control, and it is able to communicate with the dvr and all. It is an issue with the activex rendering the video on various machines.

The vendor's tech support had a tough time getting past general activeX and site permission troubleshooting.

One other thing - their tech support also gave me a "d9 viewer" which accesses it without the browser (I don't know if it is using the activex control or is a different implementation of it), but it doesn't work either.

I'm having the exact same problem, after changing from Vista to Xp.

I can log into my dvr's web viewer, and I can control my dvr through it.

But, can't get a picture. I've tried everything! If you figure it out, can you post your fix?

Thanxxx

I'm having the exact same problem, after changing from Vista to Xp.

I can log into my dvr's web viewer, and I can control my dvr through it.

But, can't get a picture. I've tried everything! If you figure it out, can you post your fix?

Thanxxx

What brand/model is your DVR? Do you use the same dvrocx.ocx control?

Once I installed the proper video display drivers on this particular pc, everything is A-okay... I now have a picture on my web viewer program.

I had the same problem when having enabled the second monitor vga out.When dissabled,everything worked fine From what it seems this problem occures with vga settings problems.

Hi,

I've also a DVR GS2002 and I've the same problem on VirtualBox.

In fact, I've a Linux PC (with Ubuntu 9.10) and I try to watch the DVR. So the only solution for me was to install Windows XP (I've a licence) and use IE.

After allowing all the ActiveX parameters, the dvrocx.ocx activeX has been installed and I can login and use the DVR setup windows, so all works fine except the video : the windows stay grey ...

From eebozz and Basiliss experience, it seems the video driver has to be configured (or changed) ... but how can I do it under virtual box ? Is there a specific driver to install ?

Regards,

Once I installed the proper video display drivers on this particular pc, everything is A-okay... I now have a picture on my web viewer program.

Bingo. I bought one of these junk DVRs to test before I resold to customers... Had the same problem displaying video on a PC that had 2 or more monitors attached. If I were to disable one of the monitors, the video would instantly come up. If it has a problem on a pc with dual monitors, then this leads me to believe it will probably have problems with various video cards out there.

I strongly advise you to get rid of this hunk of junk. I had NOTHING but problems with it...

Bingo. I bought one of these junk DVRs to test before I resold to customers... Had the same problem displaying video on a PC that had 2 or more monitors attached. If I were to disable one of the monitors, the video would instantly come up. If it has a problem on a pc with dual monitors, then this leads me to believe it will probably have problems with various video cards out there.

I strongly advise you to get rid of this hunk of junk. I had NOTHING but problems with it...

You probably have to open two ports, the web port, to access the page via browser and a multimedia port, so the plug-in can access the video.

Two very simple things you may want to swap out:

1. Don't use the new version of IE (explorer 9)

2. Use the normal IE link in start (not the 64 bit version, it never worked for me that way)

Also you can open up settings -> internet options -> security tab -> lower everything and see if that works.

I am also having same type of problem but in my case there is video in IE from Av TECH dvr model AVC798 but when we use model TD - 2308 SE of TVT make we are not getting video in IE .

If anybody having solution pls let me know.

I just had the same Issue!!!!

On BOTH my desktop and loptop, the fix was to disable the 2nd monitor.

The video instantly came on!

so this is resolution issue or dual monitor issue (atleast in my case)

If anyone still needs this, your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 is a file called HiDvrOcx.ocx, delete it and have the addin reinstalled, for some reason win7, winvista, on like 40 % of the machines the addon gets corrupted on download from your dvr, dunno why, dont understand it either.

Should fix everyone who expieriences this issue without the dual display

For anyone wanting to get DVR ActiveX working on Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9, do the following.

• 1. Add DVR URL to "Trusted sites"

• 2. Set Custom level for "Trusted sites" to be "Low"

• 3. Go to Compatibility View Settings and add DVR URL

• 4. Restart IE 9

I was able to get everything running on Windows 7 Starter (32 bit) and Professional (64 bit) editions. Windows 7 Starter Edition is a VM I created and I'm able to see realtime and playback videos.

Took me 2 months of Google and reading forums to come up with the above fix. Let me know if it works for you.

hi, I have a 4 channel DVR system from harbor freight "Bunker Hill Security" brand. I think it is similar to those mentioned in that it uses the same activex plugin (dvrocx 1.2.7.220) but I have the same problem. The activex plugin installed fine as far as I know, and I can login to the dvr fine. I can change settings, and even hear the audio from the microphone if I click on the camera image that the audio is associated with, but each camera image is just solid grey. It came with a separate PC application called NetViewer.exe, and from that program I can view all cameras and audio just fine, and review any recorded files. I have tried using IE9 on two different PC's (one Vista 32-bit, the other win 7 64-bit) and both have the same grey screen result in IE. I tried removing and reinstalling the activex control (as suggested by lynksis2011), and setting security settings to a low with DVR IP address added to trusted sites (as suggested by rabsters), but no change. I do not have a 2nd monitor on either of the computers on which it is not working. I know that the dvr does use multiple ports for control and video, but I would think the activex control should handle that once I log in. I want to be able to view the on PC's without installing the Netviewer software because I can't find my original install cd with that software on it. If anyone can find a download link for that software that would be an acceptable workaround. I haven't been able to find it yet. I'll post the link if I do, since it would likely work for others who have similar DVR's and need a workaround for the IE problem.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help!

My solution, is not pretty but works.

Using firefox and IE TABS 2 plugin.

add the url to IE Tabs options under tools.

not sure if it matters, but I include the socket too, since I use a different socket than the default.

http:\\192.168.XX.XX:82\*

Everything works great.

Hope that helps.

I have just been given one of these "Bunkerhill" DVR / Camera systems and have had the same gray screen problem have'nt completly figured it out yet.

Apparantly it will work just fine with Windows XP running IE8

I have not been able to get it to work in Windows 7 running IE9

I have not tried Windows 8 yet. One hurdle at a time.

I have tried all compatability modes and reduced security to no effect.

Tried the fixes peviously mentioned no luck either.

I haven't figured out the "Tab repair" mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps a little.

let me know if anyone finds out more

I have the same issue with this product. I am using Windows 7 with IE 10.

I can connect using the supplied software (netviewer), changes settings, etc, but no live video. I also notice that if I click on the capture or the record button in the IE or netviewer interface, it will actually save a file that can be viewed in via the software. That would lead me to believe that it is not a video driver issue if the live format is the same as the saved format.

I have this working via my android phone, so I am using that as a work around, but I would much rather have the live feed on my desktop.

Anyone get this feature working?

My solution, is not pretty but works.

Using firefox and IE TABS 2 plugin.

add the url to IE Tabs options under tools.

not sure if it matters, but I include the socket too, since I use a different socket than the default.

http:\\192.168.XX.XX:82\*

Everything works great.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Hazed6809. This suggestion worked for me, however instead of firefox I used IE TABS extension for chrome. I also had to change IE TABS options to use IE 8 Forced Standards Mode.

For background, I have a Zmodo DVR trying to access the webclient on a Windows 8/Internet Explorer 11 machine. I had changed security settings to allow for unsigned ActiveX control to download etc., added the page to compatibility view, launched IE from Program Files x86\Internet Explorer folder as administrator so it would use 32 bit version of IE, confirmed that RSVideo.ocx ActiveX add on was installed and loaded, and registering the .ocx by using regsvr32. All this would got me to a point where i could see the login page for the DVR but when i put in my password and hit login button it would just sit there. I read somewhere about entering developer mode using F12 and setting it to IE 8. Doing this did seem to activate the Login button but it would immediately crash the browser. Thanks again Hazed6809 - your suggestion forces IE 8 but it doesn't crash and logs me in properly to see the video streams properly.