dmonty83

10K System Budget....HELP!!

I have been alloted 10K at work to deploy an IP system. Initially the system will only have to support 4 cameras. But I was told to plan for the future of switching to IP cameras throughout our building. The intitial cameras will be at a remote location connected via our network. I'm really having a difficult time finding a DVR/NVR solution. Can someone offer some suggestions? Or even some requirements that I might have left out?

BTW...I have less than a month to have a plan!

DVR / NVR - Requirements

-At least 32 Ch IP DVR/NVR

-DVR/NVR should allow for audio on at least two channels of audio

-DVR/NVR should allow for at least 1 month of storage before erasing.

-Allow for remote viewing/control

-Allow for use of a hardware joystick for PTZ cameras

-DVR/NVR should be compatible with most IP cameras including PTZ

-Ability to burn recording onto a DVD

DVR/NVR – Would Be Nice

-Expandable external storage.

-H.264 capable

-Remote single camera viewing

Milestone

OnSSI

Video-Insight

IPconfigure

Exacq

NUUO

Aimetis

Are all great products and most of them have demo versions that you can download and try.

Also don't forget most IP camera manufactures have there own software if you plan on using only one manufactures IP camera and most are cheaper or free then the ones I listed above.

I have been alloted 10K at work to deploy an IP system. Initially the system will only have to support 4 cameras. But I was told to plan for the future of switching to IP cameras throughout our building. The intitial cameras will be at a remote location connected via our network. I'm really having a difficult time finding a DVR/NVR solution. Can someone offer some suggestions? Or even some requirements that I might have left out?

BTW...I have less than a month to have a plan!

DVR / NVR - Requirements

-At least 32 Ch IP DVR/NVR

-DVR/NVR should allow for audio on at least two channels of audio

-DVR/NVR should allow for at least 1 month of storage before erasing.

-Allow for remote viewing/control

-Allow for use of a hardware joystick for PTZ cameras

-DVR/NVR should be compatible with most IP cameras including PTZ

-Ability to burn recording onto a DVD

DVR/NVR – Would Be Nice

-Expandable external storage.

-H.264 capable

-Remote single camera viewing

Hi thewireguys,

Please check NUUO's software features. You will find NUUO is the best for you.

http://support.nuuo.com/mediawiki/index.php/Software_features.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

Vigil will handle all your criteria as well - 16- and 32-channel analog systems are the norm, as well as analog/IP hybrid systems. Their software has a fully-functional 30-day demo mode and can be installed as a straight NVR (no capture hardware required). see http://www.3xlogic.com

Being PC-based, storage expansion is easy though multiple internal drives, or external USB, Firewire, eSATA, and/or NAS storage solutions.

One thing to be aware of with your "record to DVD" requirement: most systems now will support DVD discs as an export target; however, all of them that I'm aware of will simply export files to the disc (whether in a common format like AVI, or a proprietary format). I've not seen one that will actually author a home-playable video DVD directly out of the DVR.

I suppose they exist, and it certain IS possible, but it's largely impractical due to the time required to transcode, the inferior compression provided by MPEG-2, and the fact that megapixel video would need to be seriously down-sized to meet DVD spec.

I've built and installed a number of VI systems... it's a pretty good package. Separate server applications for analog and IP cameras makes for pretty flexible licensing. The web client that works out-of-the-box is a real plus. Not as polished as the Vigil, IMHO, but still pretty solid.

AS far as video insight is concerned. I am going to need to take recordings off of the system every so often. Two cameras in particular. I will need to run them at a full 30fps. How is this system for handling that? It cannot be choppy and it needs to support sound.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

With a powerful enough system, it will handle it. But this is true with any PC-based DVR: there's a lot of throughput and data processing involved with those kinds of framerates, so you need to ensure your hardware is sufficient.

Does VI have a demo of the 4.1 analog server? Last time I looked, 4.x appeared to only be an IP server...

Does VI have a demo of the 4.1 analog server? Last time I looked, 4.x appeared to only be an IP server...

Next time I call my rep I will ask.

Sweet, thanks... maybe ask if it'll work with an older V60 card too (that's the only spare we've got around here, I think).

Whatever happened to our resident VI rep Thomas, anyway?

If u go IP solution u can simple use a good computer and a nice software like nuuo and milestone ( i sayed those cause i have been use both softwares).

Or simple you can go with NVR

Something to be mindful of is that audio support is contingent on the software's compatibility with a particular model of camera. While a camera may support 2 way audio, the NVR software might only support 1 way or no audio on the camera.