whodatru

Panasonic PTZ Protocol (for Camera without RS485)

Hi wanted to find out if there was a stand alone dvr or dvr card that can control Panasonic PTZ dome cameras that don't have RS485.

These Panasonic cameras(WV-CST604) use coaxial cable to control the ptz. The camera has a 24 volt connector and bnc connector only.

I've read the numerous post and did not find an answer to this. I did see Zmxtech's free software for panasonic camera's(for cams with rs485 ptz control).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doing more reading I saw that "jisaac" offer a suggestion in a 2007 post.

He suggested using a

DVR(card or standalone) w/ RS485 port > connected Panasonic Data Multiplexer w RS485 port > coaxial control of Panasonic PTZ cam.

Questions:

1. Will this work?

2. If does work what dvr cards and/or Standalone units will work w/ this setup for ptz control.

Doing more reading I saw that "jisaac" offer a suggestion in a 2007 post.

He suggested using a

DVR(card or standalone) w/ RS485 port > connected Panasonic Data Multiplexer w RS485 port > coaxial control of Panasonic PTZ cam.

Questions:

1. Will this work?

2. If does work what dvr cards and/or Standalone units will work w/ this setup for ptz control.

Don't see why it shouldn't work, since that appears to be exactly what it's designed for.

It SHOULD work with any DVR (card or standalone) that supports PTZ camera control, since all it's doing is taking the standard serial control output and feeding it over the coax.

BTW, I believe "Coaxitron" is the protocol you're talking about - searching with that term may yield you better results

Hi wanted to find out if there was a stand alone dvr or dvr card that can control Panasonic PTZ dome cameras that don't have RS485.

These Panasonic cameras(WV-CST604) use coaxial cable to control the ptz. The camera has a 24 volt connector and bnc connector only.

I've read the numerous post and did not find an answer to this. I did see Zmxtech's free software for panasonic camera's(for cams with rs485 ptz control).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Any of the Panasonic DVR's (e.g. 316, 416 series) can control the Panasonic domes over the coax and you can plug in a Panasonic PTZ keyboard to make it easier.