warrend

Cantonk DVR HELP

Hi I just bought this Cantonk dvr model CK-2014GA for less than $200. The machine works fine as a stand alone but its supposed to be able too be accessed via the web.

It has a lan port on it. Under the setup you can configure it for DHCP or static IP numbers.

Problem is I Cant get the ip address to work through my Link sys BEFSX41 firewall. I assigned the dvr an ip, gateway and dns numbers and a port that are available through the router.

The dvr comes with software called DX client viewer version 2.7.1 that you have to install on the remote computer to view.

It has options for net view when you click it it asks for host name, port number and user name and password.

It also has D D N S available.

I don't have a static ip so I figured maybe the D N Ns would work but cant seem to get that going either. And yes i did register for a d dns account. and the manual that came with it is not worth the paper its printed on.

Has one else run across this unit ?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Want to be able to access this unit via the wan

it comes with software to access it.

when the software start it it asks for

host name

host port

user name

password.

I'm assuming on the dvr you put in the settings you want for these then just connect to the wan.

I've tried this and no luck.

Thanks

Can you access the DVR from a computer connected through the router? If you can do that the problem is more than likely with the router settings.

Have you checked if its a problem with port forwarding for your router? Have you checked that the port open?

Hi guys, do you have a copy of cms software for this dvr model cantonk CK-V0916. Because i cannot connect tru my router local. And i think my cms software is different from im using

Please help thanks,

I had a DVR that came with the DX Client Viewer you refer to. I don't recall the brand name but it was a low end 9 channel unit. Found that I couldn't use it to view via mobile phone thanks to the software so eventually replaced it. As I recall, the DX Client Viewer runs Active X which can sometimes has to be enabled through the browser on the remote computer. Check your settings under Internet Options in Internet Explorer to make sure you enable it. Also, I seem to recall that software won't run on anything but IE.