Gruffydog

AVTECH 760 EMAIL MOTION ALERT

Folks -

I got this issue. My AVTECH 760 had stopped sending email alerts. It was working before.

This problem started when Comcast is no longer supporting port 25 as a standard SMTP port. They are now using port 587 as their standard SMTP port. I'm using Video E Server software but it does not appears that it would let me put in port 587 anywhere.

Can anyone tell me if Video E Server would work with port 587? If so, how? If not, can you tell me of any other software that have a place for non-standard port to be inputted? I may just start looking for a DVR replacement.

Thanks,

Steven

I'm not familiar with this device, but perhaps you could use a different POP/SMTP e-mail provider (email at somewherelse.com), and have it send e-mails to your comcast address?

Thanks for responding. It is looking like the POP/SMTP providers are starting to switch over to port 587 as a standard. Comcast already did on my account. Powweb is only using port 587. If I do find a POP/SMTP provider with port 25, it would not be long before they switch over.

Hi

Would you tell me when you got the email alert what type of file it was and how you viewed it. I have an Avtech 762 and i got the email set up to send it to my Gmail account from Outlook Express but the file I get is and application-occet and i can view it when i download it. Any ideas? I really dont know what port my IP provider uses but I am gettting the emails.