Sign in to follow this  
TastyHuman

Axis 221 won't factory reset

I've got an Axis 221 that doesn't seem to factory reset and the password is lost.

A factory reset doesn't restore it or the default IP address. Axis Camera Management utility continues to show a "Credentials Mismatch" error with an IP address that seems to be assigned by the DHCP server (not the factory default of 192.168.0.90).

The factory reset procedure is being done per the docs (disconnect power, hold the reset button in, reconnect power, wait until status indicator turns amber, release button, wait until status turns green).

Anyone see this before and have a solution?

Never mind, I got it working. By going into 'live view' mode it prompts for the entry of a new master password and that got it working.

I don't understand why it didn't reset to the default IP address though.

There is 2 different resets. You can do the full reset or reset everything but the IP address.

The 221 pdf I downloaded only lists one. What is the procedure for the full reset? Thanks.

There is 2 different resets. You can do the full reset or reset everything but the IP address.

The 221 pdf I downloaded only lists one. What is the procedure for the full reset? Thanks.

There is two ways to perform a factory settings default.

One is the way you described with the cycle power and hold down the reset button. The other is to log into the came from a web browser and inside the Maintenance area, inside this area is an option for factory default including IP or not including IP. IF you are not the origonal owner/admin of this camera my guess is the person who had it before you performed a factory default without reseting IP and the camera would not override that until a new root password was setup.

There is two ways to perform a factory settings default.

One is the way you described with the cycle power and hold down the reset button. The other is to log into the came from a web browser and inside the Maintenance area, inside this area is an option for factory default including IP or not including IP. IF you are not the origonal owner/admin of this camera my guess is the person who had it before you performed a factory default without reseting IP and the camera would not override that until a new root password was setup.

OK, thanks. The original owner would be me. I was sort of dinking around with it when I first bought it figuring that a factory reset could put it in a known state when the time came to install it. Whoops.