rory

2 of the same cameras - 1 has issue

Any ideas why the B2 Camera is not as good ..it is the same exact dome camera, and it is brand new as the previous one was even worse ...

any ideas ..i am using Cat5 with Baluns .. all the other cameras with baluns are okay, they are brighter at the DVR side but still a good image. This one is just overall not good .. night time is even worse. They are powered locally, distance is only around 150' for video to the DVR. I have it sharing one of the outputs on the Altronix 4 channel 24VAC supply, which is 4A total, so that should not be an issue. It is getting 28.. VAC, it can handle up to 30VAC, same as the other cameras. Do you think it may just not like the Balun?? The other cameras are GE Box Cameras.

B1 Camera

b1.jpg

B2 Camera

b2.jpg

Rory,

Which manufacturer baluns are you using? What is the CAT5E cable distance and how are you connecting this cable to the balun? I have seen this problem with NVT passive baluns and as soon as we replaced it with VU baluns, the problem went away. You also can try to double up (2) pairs of the CAT5 and that also helps.

Let me know.

Levon

Its Enforcer Secularm Baluns .. it is approx 150' away ... the other cameras are not bad like this though, I dont really have much extra pairs going back, but ill check this camera, as I know I do have a couple extra ones, ill check it tomorrow in the day and make sure locally it is fine .. i didnt have a color monitor when i installed it, looked fine on the BW .. wil take the color down tomorow and let you know what i do and how it turns out ..

The wire just pushes into the slots in the balun, then locks.

thanks

Rory