Sign in to follow this  
prsmith777

Panasonic WV-NP502

When is Panasonic supposed to release the WV-NP502? It was shown and ISC West and won an award and also showed at IFSEC 2009.

http://www.panasonic.net/pss/security/products/nw/nc00.html#WV-NP502

It is listed on the Panasonic global site as coming out Summer 2009, but isnt on the US site.

When I tried calling US Panasonic, I was told a representative would call me back...that was a week ago....

The specs look good.

Did anyone see this cam? Is it worth waiting for?

Actually I saw this camera over 5 month ago... It is available in U.S. and in very limited stock for not...

It is an excellent piece of hardware and specs are real... the problem few months back is that none of their IP software really worked with this camera, as none came with the drivers necessary to recognize H.264 compression... I did see and played with it with MPEG4 configuration and I tell you, the picture quality was nothing that I have seen in the past.

What make this cameras all that is not only its higher res megapixel technology or wide dynamic range, etc... but the lens, which is produced by Panasonic and it is true (3) three MP lens - very expensive combo, but it has its uses and for applications that call for it...

If you need more info, let me know...