xhitman9

Power Reset problem

Hi guys I installed 9 units of Vivako 16 ch Mpeg 4 DVR Now i have 1 DVr have power reset problem. After running for few hours the DVR will reset.

I returned it supplier many times but after few months same problem arises again. Hope anyone can hel me.

xhitman

When you say reset do you mean the DVR restarts itself?

I had a similar problem. I checked the power cable connection and found it was slightly loose. Also found that the DVR sometimes does a reset/reboot when viewing recorded images while its still recording live. A bit temperamental. I found it is more stable to download the images and view them from a local source rather than directly from the DVR.

Have you been able to determine what is happening at the time of the reset/reboot?

When you say reset do you mean the DVR restarts itself?

I had a similar problem. I checked the power cable connection and found it was slightly loose. Also found that the DVR sometimes does a reset/reboot when viewing recorded images while its still recording live. A bit temperamental. I found it is more stable to download the images and view them from a local source rather than directly from the DVR.

Have you been able to determine what is happening at the time of the reset/reboot?

Yes the DVR works for hours then it will turn off and re-start again.

Then it will continously be like that.

It drives me nuts.

You could have a bad HDD, thermal overload or lose solder joints. Try to swap hard drive with the new good one. If this doesn't help, open your dvr and start it, than put your finger on processor, memory and IDE controller (all those big chips ). If you can't hold it on some of them, than you have thermal overload caused by 'leaking' current and you should send it for repair!