quovadis

Jpeg 2000 Stand alone DVR

Hi all , can you help with a problem please ? .... Have a stand alone DVR which I have had for at least 2 years ... and I have never got it working properly .... I can access the unit remotely ... I can view cameras etc ... but what I cannot do is to record or playback etc ?

I contacted the harddrive manufacturer who kindly sent me a replacement hard drive FOC ( brilliant service ) .... but still no luck ?

Each time I look at set up it says hard drive not detected ?

I have done much work on this and spoken to many companies who I thought may have ben the manufacturer but when I give them details of the unit they say its not one of theirs ? so no support this way ASpparently there appears to be many clones of these machines which it looks like I may have one ... I have the manual etc but still cannot work it out .

The only company I have yet tried is SAFE-CORE ...although they are overseas I dony know where anyone know if they have a website at all ?

If anyone can help me at all it would really be appreciated ... As I say apart from that it works brilliant .... .... as a live monitor system

Hi,

Could it be as simple as the ribbon cable between the board and the drive being defective?? Or even the power cable between the drive and the board??

I only ask as you have tried another HD to no avail.

Hi,

Could it be as simple as the ribbon cable between the board and the drive being defective?? Or even the power cable between the drive and the board??

I only ask as you have tried another HD to no avail.

No I tried this .... as a first attempt to resolve ...but still no luck . really strange ....... screen says 000/100 to say that all the hard drive is free but not recognised when accessing HDD SET-UP .

4-2. Factory Default

Before first operation, you must set Time/Date, set FACTORY DEFAULT, and then clear

HDD, even though it is brand new one. It is to make DVMR system and HDD ready for

proper operation. Starting recording without FACTORY DEFAULT setting and HDD clear will

cause malfunction.

1. HDD CLEAR 2. FACTORY DEFAULT

Refer to page 22. Refer to page 31.

I have the manual in pdf i can send it if I have a email address