DeathtoToasters1

Weird USB Key issue? huh?

I went and got a geovision approved wifi ip camera, the axis 207w.

Configured it with the axis software, no issues.

I went to the ip camera setup in the geovision software, scanned for the cam, it found it, them when I went to the 'display position' it says:

"connection failed.Limited by USB key.The number is 0"

ummmmmmmmmm anyone got an idea what it means?

I don't have a usb key, never have.

Any help would be great!

Hi,

You can find the minimum system requirements for the different DVR cards at:

www.usavisionsys.com > support > specs and requirements

Is your PC a 64 bit system? GeoVision's product line is only compatible with 32 bit systems.

There is also live chat support there where a technician can assist you with these kinds of questions.

Hi,

There is a separate licensing fee for use of 3rd party IP cameras. GeoVision offers up to 8 IP camera licenses free with any DVR card (v8.3+), but the use of any compatible 3rd party IP camera requires insertion of a USB key to unlock it.

You can definitely find the keys at any of our authorized distributors. Feel free to contact me if you would like any additional information!

What is different in my case is that I am installing a GEOVISION brand Fish Eye camera GV-FE110 (I am NOT using any other 3rd party cameras) so I assume they should work without purchasing a USB KEY since they are your same brand.

Please see screen attached with the arrow and you can see I am installing a GEOVISION GV-FE110 Fish Eye camera but when I try to assing a display position on the Multicam, it shows error message :

The error message translated from Spanish is: "Failed Connection. Restricted by USB Key. The number is 0."

Why ?

camerasdetectedbutcanno-1.jpg

What is different in my case is that I am installing a GEOVISION brand Fish Eye camera GV-FE110 (I am NOT using any other 3rd party cameras) so I assume they should work without purchasing a USB KEY since they are your same brand.

Please see screen attached with the arrow and you can see I am installing a GEOVISION GV-FE110 Fish Eye camera but when I try to assing a display position on the Multicam, it shows error message :

The error message translated from Spanish is: "Failed Connection. Restricted by USB Key. The number is 0."

Why ?

What version Geovision are you running? The Fisheye wasn't supported until version 8.4 so if you're running 8.3X it would show up as a non Geo IP cam requiring a license key.