EOC_Jason

AVTECH 760 Firmware Help

I have what I'm 99% sure is an AVTECH 760 DVR. The unit was purchased from Intellicam back in 2007 and it was listed as a "G4-760" (and that is what the sticker on the front shows). My particular unit does NOT have the USB port on back, but it does have a fan. It is the older EIDE model (not SATA). I use the Video Server E to view the cameras remotely.

The main board says: AV-760M v04A 2006/9/13

When the system boots it shows AVC-760-EN

The firmware listed shows: 1090-10-K2-04-AA-11

The 1.0.9.0 firmware is quite old, I saw on one website a 2.0.1.4 firmware, but also I found a 2.0.3.0 firmware on ussscctv (along with a couple previous versions).

I'm a little hesitant to jump from a 1.x firmware to 2.x without knowing if it is safe or not. So that is my question... Can I upgrade or do I have to stick to 1.x firmwares?

I found a 1.0.9.8 firmware which contains the following: boot.bin,html.bin,kernel4.bin,mcu.bin

The 2.0.3.0 firmware has the same as above, but also a player.bin file?

Any tips on upgrading too? I'm guessing the only way for me to do it is via the Video Server E program.

I read through everything I could find on Scorpion's website. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the 760, 760A, and 760AS models. I think the "S" is SATA. The "A" uses a newer video player maybe?

If your unit works fine, I don't see any reason why you should try to upgrade it...my advice-stick with it!

Be careful,

I think that the new firmware will not allow you to remotely email yourself video's pictures when motion is detected.

I don't really use any of the advanced features, just the DDNS. The 4 cameras are recording 24/7.

Would of been nice if they included a short change log with the firmware files...

I agree with dvrtiger. I would not upgrade the DVR.

There is the dividing line with the EIDE, and the SATA hard drives.

The EIDE uses Video Server E, and it has JPEG to allow pictures to be emailed.

The SATA uses Video Viewer, and it is only MPEG.

The A, and the AS are of the SATA series

You can learn what the different model numbers mean here:

http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/cctv.aspx?Type=3&Type2=2

http://www.cpcam.com.tw/

The specifications for the new SATA model AVC761AS claim

"Remote Alarm Notification: E-mail images, and upload images to FTP site's specific account"

In other words, it does support emailing images. Not sure how, but I

can't imagine it sends raw bitmaps, so it must be JPG or GIF I would guess.