shawn305

help with Intellex DVMS DV16000

hey everyone i just got this dvr to run some camera's for my home, when i first got it a guy that new about thease machines gave a brisf run down about it but i still have a few questions. He gave me the installers password but i cannot find the paper i wrote it on ( dam ) so down anyone know what that is ? the reason why i need it last time was that i had to upgrade the system software to get some functions to work and that is the only way you can log out of the program amd still have windows running.

Does anyone know what it is?

second i know the unit is old but i think it would be ok for what i am using it for i was just wondering the software version i have is 2.5.9. is there a newer version of is that it?

Third question is if i leave this machine connected to the internet can i acess this machine from another computer and view my camera's ?

Well that all i can think about rite now, Thanks For the help in advance.

THE VERSION YOU ARE RUNNING IS AN EARLIER VERSION, BUT YOU CAN ONLY UPGRADE SO FAR WITH THESE UNITS, DEPENDING ON THE MOTHERBOARD AND THE OPERATING SYSTEM. YES THESE UNITS CAN BE ACCESSED VIA INTERNET. AS TO THE PASSWORD, I WILL NOT POST THAT ON THE BOARDS.

thanks for the reply i was check this everyday but finaly you replyed

the board is intel D815EEA2 / D815EPEA2

With that info i guess you can tell me what what software version i should get or where i can download it.

As for the password could you pm me of i can give you my email and maybe we could go through that? Or could you tell me what the first 2 or 3 digits it starts with? i am trying to look for the paper i wrote it on, an that would help.

Lastly to acces the unit for another pc do i need any special software ? Or how do i do that?

Thanks again for your help

http://www.americandynamics.net/support/downloads_intellex.aspx

Be very careful about what you download and install to your dvr, most times you will need a upgrade license to install to your dvr. If you do not have one then you have just turned your dvr into a boat anchor learn all you can about the unit and also do a google search for this one, you can learn a lot about it with a little reading, and search for this one here, there is a lot of already published info on this site.

Thanks RickA i will give it a try this weekend. i do think my unit is legit because when i frist got it last year some functions were not working and the person that gave me that password told me to update the unit, so i did it without any problems with license. i am not shure if it will be the same with the newer updates.. thats how i knew about the password thing. Thanks i will keep this thread updated.

there are so may updates listed on the link RickA posted what update do i use? i am not shure what one is the rite one for my unit? do i install one at a time until i get to the most recent of do i pick the most recent and update that one? The system is running windows 98 se. Well i spent allot of todat googleing about the unit and reading all different articles about it, in the upgrade screen i tells me that the version is 2.5. my current software version it 2.5.9.. with version 2.5 does that mean that i cannot upgrade to version 3.0? i am pritty shure all the articles said that version 2.4 can be upgraded to 3.0 which changes winodws se to windows 2000.. i am lost with what update this unit should be at, i would like to have the most current firmware on it so i and optomise all the feature's but i am still unshure about a few things.. with all the reading i did i still do not know if i can acess this machine from another pc, i did not find any info about it.. i hope someone could help me with that.. Thanks again

just wondering if there is any info from the forum readers about my questions? Any help would be great. Thanks

well i don't know if this will help but here is the number on the bottom D6C80A1EA-22... i read isome more about this and wondering if my unit would work with the add on software on the intellex site

If you search some on this site you will find post on the intellex machines, and when you do upgrade the firmware is when you will find you need to upgrade the license.

with the system i have, what is them latest firmware i can get without upgrading the license?

is there a guide that will show me how to acess the unit via another pc with the internet?

Hi!

The motherboard you have is a Easton motherboard.

Right now, you have Intellex version 2.5.9 This is the lates version in the Windows 98 world.

You will be able to upgrade to Intellex version 2.6 (Windows 2000). But you will need to verify if your system meets windows 2000 requirements, and you also need to buy the upgrade kit RDVUPG26.

For the remote viewing capabilities, with each Intellex machine, you have a license for the Network client software, witch will allow you to view your camera remotely and manage the intellex remotely as well. If you don't have it, or lost it, you will need to purchase version 4.20 (the latest one)

You can also install Browser Client on a server, that will allow you to connect to your Intellex from Internet Explorer. no need to get the Network Client software. Only viewing capabilities tough.

Hope this helped you!

with the system i have, what is them latest firmware i can get without upgrading the license?

is there a guide that will show me how to acess the unit via another pc with the internet?

Thanks Tip_ex for the info. where do i get browser client? and do i have to have my own server for this to work?, or what server do i use?

Another question is i decided to install the camera's myself on my house, any helpful hints, tricks, of info that would help me put? How high from gound level should the camera's be? my camera's are pritty basic nothing fancy ( dome style ). With the intellex unit i have how do i hook it up to my television cable to see the camera or camers's ?

i had the system running with one camers hooked up to i, well someone hit my car at the front of the house and the unit captured the footage. How do i export the image, to a usb or cd, dvd,etc. This unit does not have no cd drive in it, only a floppy drive. what type of drive can i install if needed and how do i set it up to work with the unit?

Thanks Again Shawn305

Hello Shawn305.

Browser Client can be downloaded on their website

- Support

- Software Downloads.

- Browser Client.

This will require you to have a server. If you do not have one, you can use your machine to act as a server.

I don't think the height is in the way here. Depending on the cables you're going to use tough. It's more about what you see as picture from the camera.

if you want to connect the Intellex to your TV, you have several options, but it will require you to have a BNC to RCA adapter from Radio Shack.

To export a clip, in your situation, you have 2 options.

1 - Install Network Client on a computer.

2 - If the unit has USB connection, get a USB flashdrive that has WIN98 drivers (2Gig and less, 1 Gig is better), that you will install from the floppy disk drive (if its still working), or through network connection.

Thanks Tip_ex for the info. where do i get browser client? and do i have to have my own server for this to work?, or what server do i use?

Thanks Again Shawn305

To export a clip, in your situation, you have 2 options.

1 - Install Network Client on a computer.

2 - If the unit has USB connection, get a USB flashdrive that has WIN98 drivers (2Gig and less, 1 Gig is better), that you will install from the floppy disk drive (if its still working), or through network connection.

i will try option 2 and seee how that goes. for option 1 do i get this program from the intellex site ? and where do i install it ? on the dvr or on my home pc? How do you get the recoerded info through network connection?

This will require you to have a server. If you do not have one, you can use your machine to act as a server.

well i do not have a server and i do not know how to make the dvr act as a server... I will need further help on that.

I don't think the height is in the way here. Depending on the cables you're going to use tough. It's more about what you see as picture from the camera.

well i am going to use the coper rg58. i noticed somthing the other day when i view 4 camera setup on the screen the picture is clear but when i switch to singal camera then it gets slotchy, you can see the pixels. do you think that i need to update the drivers for the moniter?

if you want to connect the Intellex to your TV, you have several options, but it will require you to have a BNC to RCA adapter from Radio Shack.

there is no other way? ho do they do it at apartment buildings where you can see the front door csmera on one of the higher channels with your tv cable.

i will try option 2 and seee how that goes. for option 1 do i get this program from the intellex site ? and where do i install it ? on the dvr or on my home pc? How do you get the recoerded info through network connection?

With each Intellex you purchase, you have 1 free license for the Network Client software. If you lost the CD, or the previous owner did not give it to you, there is nothing you can do, but buy a new license from them.

well i do not have a server and i do not know how to make the dvr act as a server... I will need further help on that.

your viewer's machine (desktop, laptop), not the Intellex, will act as server

well i am going to use the coper rg58. i noticed somthing the other day when i view 4 camera setup on the screen the picture is clear but when i switch to singal camera then it gets slotchy, you can see the pixels. do you think that i need to update the drivers for the moniter?

CCTV recommend cable is RG6, or 59. The RG58 has an impedance of: 50 Ω, and the video signal on the Intellex is 75 Ω. Its two complete different application. It may work, and may give you some weird behaviour.

there is no other way? ho do they do it at apartment buildings where you can see the front door csmera on one of the higher channels with your tv cable.

No, I don't know if there is another way, Thats the only one I know.

I believe you are talking about PiP = picture in picture. That is in my knowledge, a feature of the monitor, that supports multiple inputs, and able to show a particular channel in the any corner.

thanks again tip_ex for the help. do you know what type of cd burner i can install on this unit? is it easy to install

Hi Shawn, I was just looking at your original post about the web browser login. I have acquired an Intellex DVMS during an upgrade and have it installed at home. I cannot get in to the web browser, did you manage to find out a default login? if you did my email is jeff.wray@live.co.uk. Thanks

Hello Pinky.

I just sent you an e-mail for the answer on your issue.

Ciao.

Hi Shawn, I was just looking at your original post about the web browser login. I have acquired an Intellex DVMS during an upgrade and have it installed at home. I cannot get in to the web browser, did you manage to find out a default login? if you did my email is jeff.wray@live.co.uk. Thanks