rqdasilva

Help with outdoor configuration in cold/hot weather

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some suggestions on a new installation.

I am an IT consultant who also installs cameras for my clients.

This client wants to install cameras around his residential building to catch who is putting trash in his side walk, He keeps on getting fines from the City. the building is 30' high and the 3 sides are 25 50 and 25 respectively

the side walk is about 10'.

My hardware budget is around 3K

I was thinking on the following setting

GV-800-8 card with custom build PC

5 WZ18 3-12mmExtreme CCTV cams

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Rob.

Dont know that you have to use Extreme cameras unless your in a very very cold climate.

Otherwise you could go with enviro/bullet style cameras and could use IR. Just need to verify the effective distance of the IR on the camera.

I know GSP America has some nice enviro IR cameras.

I'm not kidding........buy them, and then have your client call the police to REPORT person(s) breaking the liter laws...........EVERY dang day! He can then point out to the Police that he installed the trash cans and that he now expects the police to monitor the people who break the law.

makes sense if you look at it from a simple perspectve...........if the police are ticketing him for "trash" he can have the same expectation from the police to uphold ALL the laws, not just the one in front of them..

right?

or you can give the police hard evidence rather then relying on the police to respond to the situation...... i am not sure how high up this issue is on the police's priority list. Hard evidence will always work.

I don't see the Police putting a APB out for someone who missed the garbage can.....

garbage cans are the middle ground and cheap.

hard evidence? like a pic of someone tossing a candy bar wrapper on the deck?

last time I checked this was CCTV Forum.... Not Oscar the grouch's hangout... the gentleman is looking for advice on a surveillance solution.... I am pretty sure if he wanted a garbage can he could have thought of that on his own.....

piss off.........I have a opinion and Oscar the grouch can say what he likes. I have the right to say what I want and even more importantly, I served to protect you damn rights also.......

I always look for the KISS way of doing things. Ya don't need a dang grenade to kill a mouse, eh?

But I guess I could spend my cliets money also and overlook the simple $15 dollar solution.............

Yep, I'm a Alpha and proud of it......ya wanna meet me upfront and personal and discuss your piss-ant reply? bring it on dog......

Ok, that was funny......had to do it

Trash Cam.now there is some marketing I overlooked, huh?

"Trash Cam"

chains.....

I have seen actual "dumpster cams" to find out who is dumping trash.......

OMG! what a waste of CCTV. Put a lock on it............

maybe we should have a forum section caled

America Funies Camera Installs

- I had a mouse cam? Maybe to morbid? Great videos, IR & daylight. Smart damn rats.....

- Garbage cams...where did I hear that one before?

- newspaper cams.......now, that one makes sense, and is funny

- voyarism cams? huh? I'll pass..........but, what ever happened to the simple peep hole?

anyone else???

piss off.........I have a opinion and Oscar the grouch can say what he likes. I have the right to say what I want and even more importantly, I served to protect you damn rights also.......

I always look for the KISS way of doing things. Ya don't need a dang grenade to kill a mouse, eh?

But I guess I could spend my cliets money also and overlook the simple $15 dollar solution.............

Yep, I'm a Alpha and proud of it......ya wanna meet me upfront and personal and discuss your piss-ant reply? bring it on dog......

Ok, that was funny......had to do it :)

Trash Cam.now there is some marketing I overlooked, huh?

"Trash Cam"

Listen buddy.... first of all ... that's great that you served... not sure why that needed to be thrown in there other than the fact that the high horse you are riding probably doesn't have a ladder high enough to get down from it .... I am not in here to wage a war against a leatherneck so I could care less about your threats... you may want to unscrew that jarhead of your and make sure it isn't filled with BS. The simple fact of the matter is a person asked for advice on a SURVEILLANCE solution, not a quick fix. I recommend an IP solution with an inexpensive outdoor camera, not a tupperware trashcan. You are right... you are free to post whatever opinion you want in this forum but if I were your customer and you suggested I get a trash can as a fix after I had requested your professional opinion, I would be looking for a new integrator...... oo-rah.

105362_1.png

I guess you don't want to meet..........dang, and I was looking forward to delivering some whooparsche.....

how did you know I have horses? you watching my cameras? the big'n is 17 hands and the little one is 14

yeehaaaaaaa Cowboy!

guess what this is; lrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlr

me march'n all over your butt........

time to get on down the road..heavy fog this morning preceeded by heavy rain last night. Cooler temps expect tonight with highs in the 80's tomorrow.

my last post on this..sorry folks, entertainment is hard to find but I have to install some radiant tube this morning

WOW..... God Bless America..... I am glad the government pumps so much money into edumacation system because you have proved that type of funding is worthless..... Thanks for your time and energy.... Don't hurt yourself.

I guess you don't want to meet..........dang, and I was looking forward to delivering some whooparsche.....

how did you know I have horses? you watching my cameras? the big'n is 17 hands and the little one is 14

yeehaaaaaaa Cowboy!

guess what this is; lrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlr

me march'n all over your butt........

time to get on down the road..heavy fog this morning preceeded by heavy rain last night. Cooler temps expect tonight with highs in the 80's tomorrow.

my last post on this..sorry folks, entertainment is hard to find but I have to install some radiant tube this morning

go back to your shanty