Eliteoomph

Motion Detection not working...

Hey guys

I am pretty new to the cctv game. I have a one camera system I setup myself at my work. It runs off digivue software and has a pretty good motion activation record feature. I am not familiar with different cards or software so I just want you guys to know what I am baseing my opinion on.

Ok so I wanted to setup a system at home on a limited budget and slowly purchase one camera at a time as I had the money. Yall are probably going to laugh at me but I bought a dvr card off ebay from HongKong.

goto ebay and type in the search box

8Ch 240fps +8 Audio Real-time CCTV DVR Card H.264 MPEG4

Well I got the card in and everything looked pretty good except I can't get the motion feature to work at all. The software is just called DVR4000. The motion sensitivity level only ranges 1-6. I have even taking all the zones off but it still just records all the time unless I uncheck the motion box. I am thinking of just sending it back and starting over with a new card unless some motion miracle occurs.

Here is what is important to me

I was wondering what you all would recommend

Motion recording is very important, I would like to be able the set my own zones and have a wide range of sensitivity. And change the day/night settings if I can.

30 FPS per device

remote monitoring would be awesome especially if there would be a way to watch the video from my smartphone

Also I have noticed when shopping for camera sometimes they show a video displaying what the actual camera video looks like. I have noticed once I get the camera the video is never nearly as good. Could this be a connection issue. Are there better cables for better clarity or is this just typical?

This is the last camera I got

goto ebay and type in the searh box

Outdoor IR 200ft Sony CCD DVR Security Gadspot Camera

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hi, I'm not familiar with the software but check to see if the record schedule requires setting for motion detection but it sounds like a reasonably low end card if the detection is not fully programable.

Never tried that card but if you go into your settings and post some pictures of what your settings are maybe someone might be able to figure out whats wrong.

Yeah, this isn't an issue with the card, but with the software. Hard to give exact directions without either being familiar with that software, or being able to look up the manual, but I think Jamac is on the right track.

I had exactly the same with the same software.

I found the only way to get it to work was to set the resolution of the cameras down to SQIF 320 X 240.

The only problem I've got is when dropping to this resolution, all the cameras appear fine while on the main page with all 16 cameras on but as soon as I double click a camera I just get a full screen in pink.

I have 2.01 version, not sure which you have.

I also want to run in the higher resolution but have found if I do, the camera screens start to jump and the motion detection doesn't work(detects all the time).

I have tried all updated GeForce drivers, replaced Geforce 8500GT with the latest 1Gig ATI Radeon Graphics card, upgraded to 2 gig of Ram and upgraded to a Duo Core Processor. All to no avail. I am hoping there is a software upgrade somewhere, but hard to find the authour of the software.

Hope this helps, or someone can help me, Marlon

Madmarlon - Hi - as I mentioned earlier in the post, I don't know this software but can probably advise re: pink screen - this is usually caused by the Direct Overlay settings - if on - switch off, if off switch on.

Hope this helps

Jim