Hi Folks,

I m looking to install a 3 Camera Wireless CCTV with DVR with RJ45 Network connectivity for remote viewing.

However, i have been advised since the Wireless Cam's work on a 2.4Ghz Wireless Freq this will interfere with my Wireless ADSL Router and possibly cause problems for each other?

Is this true and is there any work around as i can only see 2.4Ghz Wireless Camera's?

Many Thanks

Mike

Unfortunately, 2.4Ghz is the most common band for all manner of wireless consumer electronics. In theory, these devices should be designed so as to not interfere with each other, but that's never entirely the case. Not only is WiFi in the 2.4GHz band, but most other wireless devices, as well as many cordless phones. I've seen a wireless mouse cause a WiFi signal to drop out, and 2.4GHz cordless phones are well-known to cause problems with WiFi signals.

have you finished installing and starting to use?

cause I really would like to know that how the wireless one work.

is there any interference?

workable in public area?

In regards to the 2.4Ghz, then see if you can assign your wireless router to a different channel that is away from your wireless camera setup.

The biggest problem with wireless camera with the transmitter built in to a camera is that the wattage is very low so that it does not create heat, and burn out the camera.

Wireless cameras work great until the antennas cannot see each other. Once you pass the signal through a wall then the signal drops. If you penetrate a second wall then you need to get the transmitter (camera), and the receiver closer together.

You can put the receiver on the inside wall closest to the camera, and run video wire back to the recording device.

This is the same problem with wireless routers. If you are only concerned about a wireless internet connection in a room that does not receive a signal then you can buy a one watt wireless router. If you have cameras, and phones then you can anticipate problems.

With wireless cameras then you have to break away from built in transmittors, and go with external transmitters. Your costs will soar equally!

You can also switch to IP wireless cameras. You do not have an interference problem, and you have resolved another problem that we have not talked about.

Analog wireless cameras can be seen by anyone! You next door neighbor may have a wireless "tv" baby monitor, and they may be able to see your camera video. Outdoor cameras may not matter, but indoor ones may be a privacy concern.

What do you think?