plaga

Problem with email notification

Hi all,

I got a gadspot gs2002 4ch and ill been trying for a week now and i dont seem to send any email notifications to my email .I can see the dvr remotley i can see it in the lan, i im lost and dont know what else to do. I put gmail account , yahoo and even my isp email but still got nothing. If someone should help i will apreceated.

Most often, you have to configure the outgoing (SMTP) server setting in the DVR to use the one for the ISP that the DVR is connected through. The ISP should have that info available for if you were to set up a mail client on a PC on the same network - it will often be something like 'smtp.ispname.com'. SSL should not normally be required.

I've personally only had a 50/50 success rate of using my clients' ISP smtp server.

Unless the the client has their own smtp server, which most of mine don't, you will have to use a one 3rd party one like Gmail. Gmail and all others I've found only work if SSL is supported.

By the way, how's that GadSpot DVR working? I bought one of their units a while back for testing. Total junk. It would lock up constantly. The alarm notification settings were the same as recording... (never seen that before). Meaning, if you wanted to record on motion you would get an email notification everytime the unit detected motion, if email was setup. There was no way to use the alarm triggers for email notification without getting constant emails from the motion trigger. Unless you set the unit to 24/7 record. And by the way, GOOD LUCK researching video if something happens, if it recorded anything at all. No pre/post event recording and the GUI is a joke. So is the browser interface. Also video will not display on a PC using more than one monitor.

I still have that POS dvr. Been collecting dust in the garage. That's why I try to thoroughly test all equipment before recomending it to a client. Especially the no name straight from over seas junk. $200 down the drain... but $200 well spent to save myself embarrassment.