m41

help needed for a ridiculous installation of cameras

Dear CCTV peoples,

I had the most ridiculous problems with a 4 camera cctv system that was installed.

They left after installing giving me a disc, with an .exe file called "remoteviewer". I can't find a single name on a single camera, and the receiver has no name on it either! No model number, no nothing.

When I view it on a PC, I have to enter the server number and a 6 digit password, and I can see it fine on a PC.

I am really trying to view the cameras on a mac as that is what I view at home.

Can someone help guide me on this?

The .exe is obviously a Windows program and not designed to run on the mac.

Some remote clients will run on a Windows emulation package such a Parallels (our does), but what you most likely have is a white label Asian import. For some reason I've found Asian applications can be quite finicky and barely run on the targeted Windows platform.

Good luck.

Sounds like you have a jpeg2000 dvr have you questioned the installing dealer, did you pay for this system before you bought it, also not very many dvr's support the mac some the iphone but thats about it, did you tell the installer you wanted to veiw it on the mac or did you just think everything works on a mac. Not taking up for the installer but did you set a dollar limit on the system because this is a entry level system if it is a jpeg2000 if you want mac support it will be very expensive as not many support the mac. Does the dealer have a nice store with demos or work out of his house.