ghettogeddy

driver issue with eyemax dvr system

i was recently contacted by a local card room to do a revamp of there security system

there old eyemax dvr system had a faulty psu

so we talked about it it and decided to just build an up-to-date pc to control 3 of the 4 dvb-9832 v9.0 it had seeing as thats all they have ever used

also i have access to eyemax's software and driver's page

i started off by installing windows vista home premium 32 bit and ran into an issue with the drivers for the cards them self they would not recognize after a hour or so i was able to get the drivers installed but when i started the program it would say

"error - 0 video capture cards not detected"

figuring it was just a driver issue with vista i reformatted and installed xp pro

i still get the same error

now the only thing that was connected to dvr cards that i did not connect was a small 2 pin wire that was connected to the jp5 connection on the card

and it was connected to the reset pins for the mobo (reset being the soft reset )

i dont see an issue with that (if there is please slap me)

anyone got any ideas or maybe a phone number for tech supprt for eyemax

im unsure of the original company they bought this from

and neither are they for that matter

any and all help is much appreciated

The problem you are having is the eyemax cards and software are very picky about the hardware (motherboard) you use intel chipset with intel video or ati video only. Only the client is vista ready not the server software. This is most likely caused by the 64 bit vista software. Intel CPU only intel 945g motherboard I have not tried a newer motherboard. List what hardware you used also xp home will work just fine for the OS.

well i got one card to work on the new setup with is amd and nvidia lol but the other 3 will not go

this is on xp as well

seems like when the psu went bad it took 3 cards with it

but what i cant get my head around is windows picks them up install drivers but the software wont notice them

so i think we will be picking up one of the dvb 6832's the 32 channel cards

that should solve all the probs

my one question is though is the cards we had only did 8 cameras each with this one do all of them 24 total

we only needed 3 of the 4 cards that were inastalled anyways

DVB 9632

960 FPS Display / 480 FPS Recording

32 Ch Video / 16 Ch Audio / MPEG4 CODEC

640x480 Max Resolution

That will only cause you more problems NO NVIDIA OR AMD these will not run stable INTEL 945G motherboard INTEL CPU and ATI VIDEO.

I have built over 100 dvr's in this config that are stable with no problems.

If you vary from this config you are going to have problems.

1.LOAD OS.

2.LOAD ALL MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS.

3.INSTALL CAPTURE CARD.

4.INSTALL EYEMAX SOFTWARE.

5.SETUP DVR.

Use the right motherboard cpu video card ATI 7000 ATI 9000 and follow the above 1-5 and you should have no problems.

i will def keep that in mind for future reference the eyemax techs said it should be fine

and it seems to be running just fine

lil hang up on one of the cam's in the front but its a dif one then the rest but i havent had a prob sense i figured the card prob