Soundy

Well, never seen anything like that before!

Got a call to a site today, something was obscuring most of the view... they'd looked at the front of the glass and didn't see anything, so they called us in to check it out...

Get on site... it's an IQ753 day/night in an EH3512 housing... tucked inside the roofing of a side building. Interesting! Looked in the end of the housing... sure enough, nothing in front of the lens.

Go back inside, pull up the video footage to see what happened when it went squirrelly... hmmm, just before 6am... was in B&W night mode before... color after, with the obstruction... hey, neat! You can actually see the IR cut filter flip into place... and get stuck halfway there!

Quick reboot of the camera (from web admin, of course) and it' back to normal!

105118_1.jpg

105118_2.jpg

105118_3.jpg

105118_4.jpg

105118_5.jpg

Edited by Guest

Go back inside, pull up the video footage to see what happened when it went squirrelly... hmmm, just before 6am... was in B&W night mode before... color after, with the obstruction... hey, neat! You can actually see the IR cut filter flip into place... and get stuck halfway there!

Neat effect! Hopefully that was just a glitch and not a warning that the cam is going to crap out.

Not a bad pic. Any links to info on these cams? How would you rate it for quality, performance, and longevity?

I've already recommended the camera may need to be replaced, as this has happened once before.

More info here: http://www.iqeye.com/megapixel-network-security-camera.html

This is my first time dealing with this particular model, so I can't really offer much more than that... IQEye cams in general, though, I've found to be pretty good overall (dealt a LOT with the 501s and 511s, and a number of A11 domes).