LJJ

Brandless DVR, what remote client?

Hello,

I'm trying to monitor/control my DVR via my PC (and later on via internet). I got a brandless 4-channel DVR recorder:

(Since i'm not allowed to post pictures on this forum yet, i'll have to show you this way:)

Google (com) for images '4 channel cctv pendrive stand', the first dvr-recorder that shows up is the one 1 got (only with out a brand-name).

When you Google for 'safe-core 4-channel' the first hit is a SAFE-CORE DVR400M, on that page there is this manual that shows the exact same features as the DVR i got.

On page 24 the manual speaks of "Remote DVR Client 6.0" PC software.

Does anyone know where to get this software? Or even who manufactured it? I've been searching everywhere but can't seem to find it.

I've tried to find other software to control the DVR but again, i can't seem to find any software

Can anyone tell me where to get this kind of software (free or paid)?

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

LJJ

I imagin you will need dxclient. You can download a stand alone program or all you will need to do is put your DVR ip address in IE and it will automatcally ask you if you wish to add the DXClient.

Try that first and if it works and you want the stand alone then you can install that.

The boxes you need to fill in for DxClient are the ip address of the DVR, the port, the user and password to access the DVR.

You haveto forward Port 80 (usually) on the router to the DVR ip address

Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply emilenaim,

I'll try that, do you know where i can get 'DxClient'? I can't find it in google

Thanks!

Squiffy, the client you supplied (PC Viewr D6 Series) doesn't let me connect.

I need to fill in a username but there doesn't seem to be a username set..

Connecting without a username gives the error message "incorrect ID or password". (even when using the regular usernames like 'admin', 'administrator', 'user', 'system' etc..)

emilenaim, you client (304 Client) gets me a little further in connection to the DVR: the client says "connecting" and on the DVR monitor (connected via VGA) i can see the IP-address from the connecting PC in the right-corner of the screen. So it does establish some sort of connection.

Only it doesn't do anything else.. The client keeps saying "connecting" but i can't do or see anything with the client. (I just left it trying to connect for a while, but no results.)

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks

How about trying setting a username in the DVR itself, then trying again?

Yes thats what i tried, but get this: there is no option for changing the username on my DVR , how weird is that..