Sign in to follow this  
museumsteve

Question regarding best way to record/playback with DVR

This will be a total newbie question for you guys but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

I have a shop and have just binned our old VCR based CCTV in favour of a DVR. Nothing flash, I bought a second hand unit with a camera and just plugged in my existing 2 cameras and it was good to go.

The unit didn't come with a manual and seems unbranded, although the previous owner said he took lid off and it had a Vineyard board in it.

My question is how do I best use this thing. naturally I can just press record and I'm away but that looks like it may be a nightmare if I want to pinpoint a specific time to playback and watch. I looked at the timing record feature but not sure if it would be a constant recording or if it would miss bits out in between (if you know what I mean)

My real question would be how could I get a manual for this machine but I assume without knowing what make/model it is that's a pretty silly querstion

Any pointers would be appreciated

boo..I found a piccie of an almost identical unit on Google but cannot post a pic cos I dont have enough posts. Anyway, folloing the link back it seems it was a Mentor CCTV 4 Channel DVR System - USB 104ASB. It is just about the same but mine has a mini 1.5" LCD on the front panel.

Any help would be great

the little monitor on the front gives it away are you in the uk ??? you can send a pic to my website. if its the unit with the small screen in the middle i will have a manual

try playing with the menus im sure there are menus like "time search" , "quick search" or record list.... those are the usual menus for playback of DVR i have experience with