Minimens

Firmware update Avtech AVC760

Dear All,

I have an Avtech AVC760. I thought to update my avtech firmware V1.0.9.8 to firmware V2014. During my update unfortunality an error message appeared on my screen. Firmware update went wrong.

I have update the firmware with the program Video Server E V1.0.6.9 . I can't ping or logon the Avtech. The Avtech will not startup correctly.

How can I update or downgreat my Avtech? Serial or Lan? Any other Idea?

I cannot see where you went wrong.

You say you have Video Server E, and that is the right firmware version for the DVR.

Do not do a hardware reset what ever you do. You will have to reload the original firmware back in to it, and leave it at that.

2014 does not have the Player BIN, and your DVR may not like that version for some odd reason.

I cannot see where you went wrong.

You say you have Video Server E, and that is the right firmware version for the DVR.

Do not do a hardware reset what ever you do. You will have to reload the original firmware back in to it, and leave it at that.

2014 does not have the Player BIN, and your DVR may not like that version for some odd reason.

scorpion,

can you do a reset using the video server E safely if this happens or is there another way to do it?

If you do a hardware reset you will then lock in what ever firmware was lasted loaded.

Before you do a hardware reset see if you can reload the original firmware.

scorpion,

I can't connect to my avtech anymore. I have tried everything to get a connection. How can I reload the original firmware if i can't connect ?. Is there an other way to connect to my avtech or reload the original firmware?

I have bad news for you.

I would say the only way is to load the firmware in to the chip itself, and to install that chip on to the "motherboard".

scorpion,

Oke, I have to install the firmware directly into the SM5964. I know there are 4 pins connection just next to the SM5964 for reprogramming.

Do you have the schematic of the 4 pins connection?

Do you have also the program to install the firmware with the 4 BIN files?

I have a program ISAP, but then I need the BIN file for the ISAP program.

These are not the 4 Bin file of the firmware upload with the video server E, but only one BIN file for the ISAP. Do you have this file?

If you do a hardware reset you will then lock in what ever firmware was lasted loaded.

Before you do a hardware reset see if you can reload the original firmware.

ok thanks ..

Scorpion,

Is there a way to reprogram the SM5964 without take it out form the Avtech. I have tried to connect the SM5964 with a serial connection on the back of the Avtech, but I don't get any answere from the SM5964.

Do you have an other idea? I couldn't find it on your website?

I cannot help you with this.

I do not dig in that deep in to the DVR.

The connection on the back is not set up like a computer. They are only using the connector for their purpose.

I think the reason you cannot log in to the DVR is that you may have changed the IP address, and the DVR reset itself to factory default which is

192.168.1.10, (or is it .0.10?)

try this IP address. The log in is admin / admin

Dear All,

I have an Avtech AVC760. I thought to update my avtech firmware V1.0.9.8 to firmware V2014. During my update unfortunality an error message appeared on my screen. Firmware update went wrong.

I have update the firmware with the program Video Server E V1.0.6.9 . I can't ping or logon the Avtech. The Avtech will not startup correctly.

How can I update or downgreat my Avtech? Serial or Lan? Any other Idea?

Tell me how seysas behaves dvr when you turn ...?

Dear Alexx,

If my DVR starts-up the following happens:

- Power on

- I can hear a the alarm signal

- after that the HD starts up

- Then it's stops. There is no signal coming form the monitor connetion, on the front the buttons will not respond. So, my DVR is hanging.

I figure out how to load some of the BIN files. Only i can't load the MCU. This is the only item I have to load. Do someone have an idea??

Stefab

even if the study the datasheet, a simple user would be difficult to understand the issue, especially for ISP programming. I can certainly tell option, but it is quite complicated. You need to have the same DVR, remove his chip 29LV160, read its contents to progrpmmatore, then withdraw the same chip with non-working DVR and pour into it early read dump. If the problem was with the firmware, then everything should work fine. Esle problem in Hardwar, alas all will remain so.