hi eveyone, i have just brought a dvr card from ebay but no software came with it, the information on the board/chip say's PLX PCI 6140-AA33PC G, any idear what programme will this run, thank's.

it would be quite not making sense if people buy a card but didn't have software.

without software, what can this card possibly be used?

if you buy 100 card, and you have the SDK of the boards, people would like to integrate the boards with their existing DVR system.

it would be quite not making sense if people buy a card but didn't have software.

without software, what can this card possibly be used?

if you buy 100 card, and you have the SDK of the boards, people would like to integrate the boards with their existing DVR system.

I am quite agree with this.

If the SDK is not matched with the software, your card can't work normal.

Maybe you can offer some pictures or the manufacturer of your card to see if anyone owns the software that support the card.

Oh wow, I havent seen anything so problematic than the card's details you provided, I cant find any information on google for it, not even a hint that it is even a DVR card, NOTHING. Are you sure that is the information that the main microchip says (the biggest square shaped chip, or any (of the many) squared shaped microchip in your card? (If you plan to include a clear image of your DVR card, make sure that you dont do it by scanning it as that will cause photo (electric) static to your card damaging it, just use a digital camera if you plan to take a picture of your card to post it here)

Have you tried contacting the 'seller' that sold you that DVR card and complained to him that your DVR card came with NO SOFTWARE?

I know that you said that it costed you 5 pounds which is the equivalent to 10 US dollars, but that's no excuse for a seller not wanting to include a software with the DVR card, how are you going to use it then? You should complain, even cards being sold at Ebay for 9 US dollars do come with a software, even though it may be the old pirated PICO2000 software, but it still comes with SOMETHING that allows the user to at least functionally use it (until they make up their minds and decide to switch over to DICO800).

Talking about DICO 800 that is mostly compatible with BTTV based cards, maybe you can give DICO800 (a legally freeware software for DVR cards) a try for your card, who knows if DICO 800's drivers might start the device up successfully.

So google up for DICO 800 to download it. Cant give you a download link right now as the website that I used to know that they hosted it went offline after a domain name expiration. BUT I do have the software with me and if you can't download it I can give you access to my FTP server to get that software.

some dvr software needs a special dongle plugged in the com port of the computer to enable the functioning of the dvr software....

but i don't think the board we are talking about needs such kind of dongle.

Thanks everyone for your time i have been looking on the net and it seems to be a KMC 4400R,

the guy has moved house and says its got lost in the move, my luck.

When i have posted five posts the site will let me put some pics up.

If you bought it from ebay and no software then it is most likey not a real kodicom kmc 4400r card it will a clone for 10.00 good luck getting the real kodicom software and if you do goodluck getting it to work. I hope you leave bad feed back on the seller.