wax

CCTV license

Should I do my CCTV certification online or in person?

I don't have much experience other then the two systems I put together. The only other relation to this field is that I'm a computer enthusiast who knows how to build personal computers.

I dont know of any actual recognized cctv certification.

There was something starting up a while back but didn't hear any more of it.

Plus it would be limited to country of certification.

There are a couple online things out there but nothing worth talking about.

Some jurisdictions do require installers be licensed for low-voltage, most require licensing for alarm installers, some lump CCTV installers in with that, and some do have specific licensing for CCTV as well... but that's not the same thing as "certification" (which IMHO is barely worth the paper it's printed on in most technology-based industries).

Which is why I ask, are you sure you need it in your area?

Yup, I need a license from my area. I'm assuming it's different for each state. I already checked with my state fire marshal and in order to legally work with CCTV, I need a license. To get a license I need to complete a certification. If I don't have a license, then they slap me with a fine.

Anyway, the state fire marshal gave me a list of places on where to get certified. It's a 2 day program and I'll probably just take it in person. The next class is at the end of the month.