joobz

Please Help Reset A Goscam GP-280 IP camera

Hello everybody, I've picked up a 2nd hand Goscam GP-280 Ip camera, a non-wifi unit, and I can't access it through LAN as old owner rightly changed the password from defaults, now i've trawled the net trying to get firware or any software for the unit but manufacturers arn't replying to emails and theres no tech support.I need to reset the little blighter to default settings. This forum seems my last best hope before I go get another new one, would be greatful for any help or advise.Many thanks in advance. Joobz

same issue as you, from what I have read so far:

1 - switch on back to off

2 - connect power

3 - hold yellow button while power switch to 'on' for 5 seconds.

the defaults should be admin / password (i've also seen ADMIN / PASSWORD)

I can report that I have not had any luck with this so far. Perhaps the camera sets a static IP address and not auto-dhcp.

Product website: goscam . com/en/en_product_view.php?Id=40

Good luck. My earlier experience with a working gp280 - this camera sucks, the IE applet activeX viewer is unstable, works (!) only on IE

and... no support.

My camera came with a cd, it contains a tiny program "IP CAMERA TOOL" and you have to connect the camera straight from computer to camera and then start the ip camera tool,

the tool identyfies the camera and appears in the list.

right click on the found camera and you get a menu with options.

once you have configured the ip adress suitable for your network you are able to access it connected in your network.

best wishes!!

My camera came with a cd, it contains a tiny program "IP CAMERA TOOL" and you have to connect the camera straight from computer to camera and then start the ip camera tool,

the tool identyfies the camera and appears in the list.

right click on the found camera and you get a menu with options.

once you have configured the ip adress suitable for your network you are able to access it connected in your network.

best wishes!!

hi,

i have a more basic problem. my camera (new) came without the install disk (drivers/manuals) can anyone direct me to a site with either, or prefrerrably both.

thanks,

pawel