Sign in to follow this  
Stevebayb

Please help me control my dome camera !!!!

Hello. Would any body be able to give me an idea how to control my dome camera.Its a Dennard 2050wp. I have mounted in on a wall with the DRX100 power supply and when i power it up after about 30 seconds it does a lap of honour and sets itself to the position i think it was last programed too.I have a VCL controller/telementry board with a what looks like a ethernet cable connection,and an old baxall very dated version with just push buttons...I have looked on the net for information about controlling it but to no avail.

One other thing is that i have read up about the blue and yellow switches should be set to 0 and 1 but i can not see a 0 or 1 inside the case and my eyesight is very good.

hi. steve.

what dvr are you using with your ptz. and what you say about after 30 secs it goes on a tour. thats what its set up to do when powered up it sets it focus and finds its start point.

you will be best using the vcl controller. but you will need the factory password to set it up. hold the set button down for 10secs then enter 121. if you still have problems i can get you the manual.

hi. steve.

what dvr are you using with your ptz. and what you say about after 30 secs it goes on a tour. thats what its set up to do when powered up it sets it focus and finds its start point.

you will be best using the vcl controller. but you will need the factory password to set it up. hold the set button down for 10secs then enter 121. if you still have problems i can get you the manual.

Thankyou for your help.Sorry buy i dont no what a dvr or ptz is.I will use the vcl but i dont no what it connects to. Sorry for being a bit thick and thanks again for trying to help..

hi. steve.

Thankyou for your help.Sorry buy i dont no what a dvr or ptz is.I will use the vcl but i dont no what it connects to. Sorry for being a bit thick and thanks again for trying to help..

Just realized its digital video recorder.just using a sanyo 96 hour recorder. Dont think its digital but at a later date i want to record straight onto a pc hard drive.

Hi. steve.

if you have never done a ptz camera before i.e your dennard 2050wp

then trying to explain in a forum is going to be hard work were are you based ???

Hi. steve.

if you have never done a ptz camera before i.e your dennard 2050wp

then trying to explain in a forum is going to be hard work were are you based ???

Thank again Im in Chatham Kent