playground consulting

Advice for Displaying a Megapixel Camera on a 720P TV

This is my first post. I am trying to place a single Megapixel camera at a home that has home run coax into a component receiver. The home owner would like to view the camera on at least one if not all of the LCD TV's in the home, which are all 720P. I don't know the specs or brand on the receiver, but can probably reach the AV company who installed it if I need to. I am open on which camera to use, but am looking at a few Axis and Arecont cameras currently. If anyone could advise on the best method to display this on an HDTV, I would very much appreciate it! Also, let me know if I need to give additional details for you to advise me.

Well you will need a computer or video decoder to display the video on the TVs..... if you use a camera with a composite video output (nether Axis or Arecont has this) your only gonna have analog resolution on the tvs. Also you will want to use cat5 and a computer network to get this to work.

As per the wire guy, you will need a computer for IndigoVision to display the 720p

You can full screen the camera(s) in their 16:9 format and no an alarm raise an external event to trigger an IR code to the TV via something like a Beyonwiz

Needs a bit of custom code but not too hard[/url]