elkabong

manufacturers that sell direct to dealer

What reputable manufacturer sells direct to dealers/installers.

I've been getting more into cctv (mainly access control for a while) and have been buying through big distributors.

Anyone sell direct at a good enough price to make it worth your while to sign up exclusively?

As one of the owners of USAG, what I can tell you is, we are proud of the fact that most of our products are carefully hand assembled in the USA. More importantly, we know that your success is our success and we go above and beyond to support our dealer partners.

I don't post here often, so I am restricted from posting links, but please feel free to google USAGInc.

Elkabong,

The answer to the question depends on who you are.

We buy direct from Pelco, Geovision, Verint, Verex, GE, and a few others for CCTV.

There are other manufacturers with a direct relationship with various companies.

Smaller companies are less likely to get direct deals with large manufacturers without certain conditions being set on that agreement - such as certain amounts of volume per time period, an exclusive agreement, a semi-exclusive agreement, etc.

I guess my advice would be to figure out what equipment you like, and ask the manufacturer how direct purchasing works. If they don't tell you what you want, find something else you like and ask them.

Pricing is often based on volume. If your volume is high, in some cases, you can get really good pricing. If your volume isn't high, favorable pricing may involve some of the conditions I mentioned earlier.

As one of the owners of USAG, what I can tell you is, we are proud of the fact that most of our products are carefully hand assembled in the USA. More importantly, we know that your success is our success and we go above and beyond to support our dealer partners.

I don't post here often, so I am restricted from posting links, but please feel free to google USAGInc.

I will chime in here! I love the AVC 2 Cameras, and they are my favorite.

http://www.usaginc.com/productdetail.php?sku=US-AVC2-2-420DN

WARNING!

This camera is a screw on base, and it is made of "metal". There are alot of cameras that look just like this. WATCH OUT! The look alike may have a plastic base, (nothing wrong with plastic, I just do not like paying for the same price when I could rather have metal). Some also use allen screws to mount the base to the camera. I hate these!!!!! You have the camera on the ceiling, or one the wall and the allen wrench hits the wall, or ceiling, and you have to yank it out, and reinsert it and barely get a turn out of it before you have to pull it out again! The screw on base is great. Spin it down, and you are done. One trick is to turn the camera counter clockwise just a hair, and when you go to tighten it down you can turn the base just one little bit more by grabbing the camera, and the base, and bringing it to the "home" position.

If you want to get in to the business of CCTV you will def want to sign up USAG!

http://www.usaginc.com/products.php

I also use Eclipse CCTV

http://eclipsecctv.com/CCTV_products.html

I get tons of emails from foreign (Asian) "manufactures". I see the price list, and I about fall out of my chair! Great prices!

I have never bought Asian, but I am tempted. For those of you who do not know may want to consider if it is worth it, or not to buy Asian.

The reason that I do not buy Asian is that you become a Distributor, (you become your own rep). You now have to provide Tech Support, and Marketing (too yourself).

I would rather let the big pockets test products, and let them sell the best of breed rather then myself getting a shelf of products that did not cut the mustard.

If you buy direct from Asia then what do you do with the millionth product of the assembly line that fails. At a 1% failure rate which is very low, then you are still going to have product failures. It is not even worth the shipping fees to send it back for repair / replacement.

If you need to talk to manufacture techsupport prepare to stay up at 2am to talk to them on their time zone! Oh! You do not know the native language? Too bad, now what do we do?

What do you do when custom holds your shipping container for inspection. I have heard of products that take 20 days to get to the shipped to address! Yikes!

If you are a high volume installer then it may be worth getting in to direct purchase. If you lose a cam here, or there then it would not matter so much. If I order 4 cams direct, and one comes in dead out of the box, then I got problems, and I cannot wait for another one to come in. I guess I could order a few extra to have as back up, but that is money out of my pocket that I could use to buy a camera for an install.

USAG brags about building their own cameras? Everyone says that! Come on!

OOPS! My sales rep just had me log in on the CCTV system at USAG, and took me for a tour where I can see the assembly area on camera.

Ok! I finish my crow pie for now!

That USAG AVC2 looks like a solid camera.You are right Scorpion.A lot of the vandal domes i see have those set screws around the base.

What reputable manufacturer sells direct to dealers/installers.

I've been getting more into cctv (mainly access control for a while) and have been buying through big distributors.

Anyone sell direct at a good enough price to make it worth your while to sign up exclusively?

Hi elkabong,

We are a manufacturing co. whose core technologies is in Linux DVRs. May I know from what state do you plan to operate?

Best Regards,

NVR DVR IVS RnD and more

czar

I will chime in here! I love the AVC 2 Cameras, and they are my favorite.

http://www.usaginc.com/productdetail.php?sku=US-AVC2-2-420DN

WARNING!

This camera is a screw on base, and it is made of "metal". There are alot of cameras that look just like this. WATCH OUT! The look alike may have a plastic base, (nothing wrong with plastic, I just do not like paying for the same price when I could rather have metal). Some also use allen screws to mount the base to the camera. I hate these!!!!! You have the camera on the ceiling, or one the wall and the allen wrench hits the wall, or ceiling, and you have to yank it out, and reinsert it and barely get a turn out of it before you have to pull it out again! The screw on base is great. Spin it down, and you are done. One trick is to turn the camera counter clockwise just a hair, and when you go to tighten it down you can turn the base just one little bit more by grabbing the camera, and the base, and bringing it to the "home" position.

If you want to get in to the business of CCTV you will def want to sign up USAG!

http://www.usaginc.com/products.php

I also use Eclipse CCTV

http://eclipsecctv.com/CCTV_products.html

I get tons of emails from foreign (Asian) "manufactures". I see the price list, and I about fall out of my chair! Great prices!

I have never bought Asian, but I am tempted. For those of you who do not know may want to consider if it is worth it, or not to buy Asian.

The reason that I do not buy Asian is that you become a Distributor, (you become your own rep). You now have to provide Tech Support, and Marketing (too yourself).

I would rather let the big pockets test products, and let them sell the best of breed rather then myself getting a shelf of products that did not cut the mustard.

If you buy direct from Asia then what do you do with the millionth product of the assembly line that fails. At a 1% failure rate which is very low, then you are still going to have product failures. It is not even worth the shipping fees to send it back for repair / replacement.

If you need to talk to manufacture techsupport prepare to stay up at 2am to talk to them on their time zone! Oh! You do not know the native language? Too bad, now what do we do?

What do you do when custom holds your shipping container for inspection. I have heard of products that take 20 days to get to the shipped to address! Yikes!

If you are a high volume installer then it may be worth getting in to direct purchase. If you lose a cam here, or there then it would not matter so much. If I order 4 cams direct, and one comes in dead out of the box, then I got problems, and I cannot wait for another one to come in. I guess I could order a few extra to have as back up, but that is money out of my pocket that I could use to buy a camera for an install.

USAG brags about building their own cameras? Everyone says that! Come on!

OOPS! My sales rep just had me log in on the CCTV system at USAG, and took me for a tour where I can see the assembly area on camera.

Ok! I finish my crow pie for now!

Hey Scorpion,i've been talking with Nick over at USAG.Those guys over there are great!! Nick gave me the live video demo of the cams and dvr's.I'm loving the facial recognition feature.He's already givin me a great deal on all the gear..Gonna start ordering cams from different vendors to test out over in Afghanistan.Whichever holds up and works the best will be who i'll be ordering from.