-gunny-

auto audio/video switcher

Can anyone recommend an auto audio/video switcher around $200 or less? Just regular inputs yellow, red and white please. Doesnt need to have a remote just the auto switching function and I dont need to support more than four cameras. Thank you.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do with it as you did not identify so.

If you can find one of these RCA ones then I would say use this.

It has an auto detect circuit when a video feed is activated.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=05&p=CRF940&d=RCA-CRF940-RF-Modulator-&-Video-Switcher

What about going to a Pawn Shop and getting a cheap game system that has an auto switcher that plugs in to the RF input of a TV and hacking it to your needs?

I need something that will continually switch from one camera to the next. I want it so that I dont have to change the channel on my monitor to see whats on my other cameras. I need something that will show one camera for like 5 seconds then the next camera for 5 seconds and so on and so on.

The device that you are asking for is a switcher. A 4 channel switcher will do what you ask.

A multiplexor will take all 4 camera views, and put that in to a quad screen so that you can see all four cameras at the same time.

The DVR that you see in my avatar has both options built in, and it records also.

Main monitor out gives you a quad screen, or you can press camera 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 to get the camera full screen.

The other monitor out is called a spot monitor, and it shows the cameras one at a time as you are asking.

http://eclipsecctv.com/Video_Splitters_Switchers.html

When you said auto, I was thinking car.

What do you think?