cupboy

Sanyo VCB-3524 has a zoom feature? I can't figure it out.

Although the owner manual mentions telephoto, I cannot figure out how to set it that way. I know how to adjust the focus though. Anyone have one of these who knows if it really does have a zoom feature, or is it just an option that is added on later?

In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs or enter personal data into their profile until they have posted at least 5 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 5 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Yes, that's the camera. I don't know how to set it to zoom..

This forum had deleted my reply numerous times and showed the above message.

What lens do you have?

If you have a "zoom" lens, there should be two (or more) rings on it. The "zoom" function will typically be marked "T ~ W" (Telephoto/Wide). If you have a fixed lens, then there may not be any rings or one ring for focus only.

What lens do you have?

If you have a "zoom" lens, there should be two (or more) rings on it. The "zoom" function will typically be marked "T ~ W" (Telephoto/Wide). If you have a fixed lens, then there may not be any rings or one ring for focus only.

That must be the problem. The lens is a Computar "auto iris tv lenses dc drive series". There is no marking for T ~ W on it that I can see.

I've purchased a 2nd one of this same make/model camera. Can I connect both using the same power supply, or should I get a 2nd power supply for the other camera?

And does anyone know if the camera mounts are standard things I can buy somewhere? The ebay seller neglected to include this part that normally comes with the camera, but that is typical of ebay sellers.

almost all box cameras whether they are bought on eBay or anywhere else, do not have mounts with them. They are pretty standard, the camera has a typical camera mount screw hole. You can get the mounts on ebay as well for pretty cheap too or any other CCTV supplier for that matter.

If you are using a little transformer, I would probably recommend getting another one to power your other camera. Otherwise, you can look into getting a multi-camera power supply.

Well, it appears I've forgotten how to start a new thread so I'll just add on to this one.

Anyone know how to connect the 24VAC to this camera (Sanyo VCC-6574A). The connections on back are different. I can find any kind of owner manual on line either.

Is this pretty much a dead website now? I don't see how to create new threads, so that's what I'm thinking.

This site is alive and kicking

Show us the back of the camera and we'll show you where the wires go. Its pretty simply with AC power, you simply put one wire into one input and one wire into another, polarity is not an issue so you cant get your wires crossed. Most generally, the ground input, if there is one, does not need to be utilized.

Turned out the wire needed to be more sturdy for it to lock in. It's kind of like back wiring an electrical socket. I'll be testing the camera later today or tomorrow now that I've got a power supply for it.