installed a hifast dvr card last week. i see the dvr screen,but do not see my cameras,and i know the cameras work because i tried them on my tv.Im running windows xp with radeon 300 vid card IE8 sp3 with 80gig of hd remaining ...im probably bought a piece of crap cause i bought it from ebay............dont even know if my driver installed correctly ANY ADVICE, OTHER THAN THROW IT OUT

ANY ADVICE, OTHER THAN THROW IT OUT

Well u can give to me as a Christmas present!!

Kidding .. Check the Sys Requirements.. .. I know some cards specifically indicated that they do not support ATI based graphics card .. if u have an NVIDIA card .. then try changing the card to see if helps ..

Also .. instead of viewing it on IE8 .. have u tried to view it on the software that comes with your card?? .. also .. have u tried to view from another PC in your network that is still running IE7??

well im not that great with a computer BUT .....i know the software is installed but not positive the driver is installed ......when i look at my device manager ........im not sure that its there because i dont know the exact name. I emailed the company and they gave me a one sentence response.......THE CARD WORKS WELL WITH INTEL CPU AND AN ATI GRAPHICS CARD. Do you think the camera main screen would show up even though the driver didnt install correctly?

The camera main screen would not show up when the driver didn't install correctly. Normally, there will be a folder named "driver" in the software install file. Find out it and install your drive again. Or you can single-right-click your mouse in your device manager and select "Scan for hardware changes" to see if your card is recognized by your computer. If not, maybe your card can't work normally. You have to throw it out.

under device manager the driver will install under 'sound video and game controllers' apart from your existing audio device you will know it is your dvr driver that is installed in there... make sure there is no yellow exclamation mark next to the dvr driver as that means it is still a driver issue and the driver provided is not correct...

Alternatively if i was you i would try the nvidea fx5200 it is the most popular entry level pc card for dvr pc based and works really well this may solve your issue of no camera on screen.

under device manager the driver will install under 'sound video and game controllers' apart from your existing audio device you will know it is your dvr driver that is installed in there...

Sorry, for some kinds of cards, the drivers will not be installed here.