Sign in to follow this  
gbholzer

Need help getting server back on internet

We have a 2008 card and running V8.2

We had a company servicing our system who has now gone out of business. To remotely login using multicam it was directed thru their website which is now offline. They are unreachable so I cannot get any help from them. I want to reset our internet connection information but I am unable to find where this is done.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

We have a 2008 card and running V8.2

We had a company servicing our system who has now gone out of business. To remotely login using multicam it was directed thru their website which is now offline. They are unreachable so I cannot get any help from them. I want to reset our internet connection information but I am unable to find where this is done.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

Hi!

Go to Internet explorer and write http://www.whatismyip.com

Then you will see your external ip adress

But maybe they have used a different then the standard port for external connections, but try to find out a bit and feel free to PM me for more help, since not always smart to post ip adresses etc in public.

JD

I think that you can try this one first and see if you succed, the WEBCAM and MULITVIEW is pretty much the same, but a bit different ActiveX, but other then that everything is pretty much the same method to make it work, same ports, same ip etc.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/geovisionwww/ftp/FAQ/doc/WebcamSOPv8120.pdf

Try that one and post back if you get problems, it is pretty much strait forward except NAT in the MODEM and/or ROUTER FIREWALL settings.

So you can try this pdf how to first.

Good Luck!

JD