bso8870

Help me get started

I currently have 3 B/W cameras going to a multiplexor and recorded on time lapse vcr. I am able to view on my living room tv.

I want to have cameras recorded to hard drive and viewed both on my tv and computer. I would also like to be able to have remote access from internet.

I am going to build a computer specifically for the surveillance system. What type of processor should I go with and what components are necessary? Are there any other cards that are decent instead of the geovision and I_view? The price isa little more than I can spend but if that is the only reliable ones I will have to scrape up the cash.

If I have 3 cameras continue to go through multiplexor will I be able to add 3 more cameras with a 4 port card?

I am insouth florida so if anyone knows of a showroom or anything in this area that would help me please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Mike

where in South Florida are you? I can point you to seveal sources in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area.

Rory

Your best bet woul be going for the I-VIEW CP-1404, which will give you 4 channel input, plus it has a TV out port that you can hookup to your TV, the only thing is that you will only be able to see 1 camera at a time, but the good thing is that it brings a remote controller so that you can be at a TV doing this.

Now, I imagine that the pc with the dvr is going to be somewhere other than the tv's in the house, so what I do in this instances is go to radio shack, and get a IR remote transmitter, the reciving unit would go to the DVR, and the sending unit above the TV.

The good thing about the I-view is that it's not realtime (120fps), but in the future, you can add more 4 channel cards, so that you get a total of 16 channels, thus eliminating the multiplexer completely.