griffonsystems

raytec ir lights and mobotix

i did a quick test with the raytec 300 and a mobotix m12 - stills here and i will get around to the live video shot... i was only standing about 75ft from the camera but i'm looking to test at the actual site in a week which needs coverage of about 150-200ft

http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad70/griffonsystems/?action=view&current=mx10-3-178-89_2009-10-15_214740.jpg

Megapixel cameras can work at night time nice work

um ... with expensive IR LOL.

exview B/W or nuttin

Megapixel cameras can work at night time nice work

um ... with expensive IR LOL.

exview B/W or nuttin

And you would need at least 4 analog B/W cameras to cover the same night time image..... Then you would need 8 analog color cameras to cover the day image...... Think I will stick with the Mobotix

And you would need at least 4 analog B/W cameras to cover the same night time image..... Then you would need 8 analog color cameras to cover the day image...... Think I will stick with the Mobotix

I would only need 1 (ONE) Camera.

And even if I did need a couple cameras, I only spend $200 while you spend $2000 and YES I can ID people, I have MANY times in the past, up to 100' away from the camera at night, one example of many, I helped cops put a murderer in jail from a cheap BW exview bullet at night. I reviewed dozens of stabbings on CCTV last year and all were ID'd - cause I know you guys like to speak of resolutions and things like that.

I would only need 1 (ONE) Camera.

And even if I did need a couple cameras, I only spend $200 while you spend $2000 and YES I can ID people, I have MANY times in the past, up to 100' away from the camera at night, example I helped cops put a murderer in jail from a cheap BW exview bullet at night.

If you want the same resolution you need 4 analog cameras..... it's simple math. analog= .3MP Mobotix BW= 1.3MP

And that $200 analog camera has a build in NVR?

If you want the same resolution you need 4 analog cameras..... it's simple math. analog= .3MP Mobotix BW= 1.3MP

OK lets get it clear .. we are talking about the image posted in this thread. You can go off on a marketing binge about other cameras in another thread. To obtain that image I only need 1 (ONE) CCTV Camera. As for the NVR, $100 DVR and good to go. I wouldnt even count a built in web server as anything significant anyway.

OK lets get it clear .. we are talking about the image posted in this thread. You can go off on a marketing binge about other cameras in another thread. To obtain that image I only need 1 (ONE) CCTV Camera.

Rory that's BS..... your say a analog camera will have the same image as a 1.3 megapixel camera. NOT TRUE

OK lets get it clear .. we are talking about the image posted in this thread. You can go off on a marketing binge about other cameras in another thread. To obtain that image I only need 1 (ONE) CCTV Camera.

Rory that's BS..... your say a analog camera will have the same image as a 1.3 megapixel camera. NOT TRUE

that is NOT a 1.3 Megapixel IMAGE (not speaking of whatever original image it was). If you hate, as you call it "analog" CCTV then why are you even on this forum?? It seems you hate a technology so much that you have never even used. Its an insult to anyone that has been in this PROVEN industry for years. .

Edited by Guest

Quit it man, that is NOT a 1.3 Megapixel IMAGE. If you hate, as you call it "analog" CCTV then why are you even on this forum?? It seems you hate a technology so much that you have never even used. Its an insult to anyone that has been in this PROVEN industry for years.

Rory that camera has 3MP day/ 1.3 MP night imagers. That pic he posted is 1024*768 not full resolution of the camera. I know what that camera is capable of and you can't say a single analog camera is the same image.

It seems you hate a technology so much that you have never even used?

What the hell are you talking about?

Analog cameras have better low light sensitivity!!! YES

But to say a single analog camera can replace one megapixel camera and cover the same image with the same resolution is not true.

Rory that camera has 3MP day/ 1.3 MP night imagers. That pic he posted is 1024*768 not full resolution of the camera. I know what that camera is capable of and you can't say a single analog camera is the same image.

But to say a single analog camera can replace one megapixel camera and cover the same image with the same resolution is not true.

That picture is 600x width.

Anyway, Im done arguing on this, because its clear you have no experience with quality CCTV cameras. I realize it would suck to know my $70 Exview bullet camera can do just as good a job. Ofcourse you have to respond with another marketing pitch though .. I understand ... its all part of the sales method. I am done though.

That picture is 600x width.

Anyway, Im done arguing on this, because its clear you have no experience with quality CCTV cameras. I realize it would suck to know my $70 Exview bullet camera can do just as good a job. Ofcourse you have to respond with another marketing pitch though .. I understand ... its all part of the sales method.

Rory I got the specs of the image!!!! We are never gonna agree on this until you come out of analog land......... everybody else is enjoying HDTV and your watching your 13" B/W tube TV and saying its better

Analog= better low light sensitivity then megapixel

Megapixel = more resolution then analog