bs953

Need information for hookup

Hi all first time here, although admittedly I have been coming here for awhile. Anyways, here is my current setup. I have the Pelco DX4500 with 7 cameras hooked up, 6 are infared. NO PTZ. I have full remote access everything works great, I am using cat6e with baluns for 5 of the cams and regular coax for the other two.

What I want to do is change one of my front yard cams to a better cam. What I would like to hook up is the Pelco CC3751H-2 DSP Color CCD camera, with a Pelco 13ZD5.5x30 zoom lens. This unit works great, I bench tested it last night. It has 4 wires coming out of it blk/red/yellow and green(the blk/red are tied together) these are for the zoom and focus control. I was able to use 12v dc to manipulate the zoom etc in and out by reversing polarity and all worked. Where I want to place it I have cat6e running now. The video Balun I have is the BNC to RJ-45, it has 8 wires with two option screws on the outside of the case as such: AUDIO/PTZ out +/- and then OPT/VIDEO IN +/- The balun is a LTA1010.

I have no clue how to make this unit work where I can use the zoom function. With the above setup. Here is what I have in stock though and can easily be brought online. I have the Integral DVX500, a DS Realvue xpress, a DX8116 (although I would rather sell those units), also I have a KBD4000V, S-PCON and S-EIDC-U, I have a blue cable with an RJ45 on one end and a rs232 connector on the other end part number 72-3383-01 or 94841 LOR 0404 (don't know what it is for exactly). So thats what I have in stock and I would really appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right "hook it up direction" Thank You mucho.

Ok so let me see if I am wrapping my melon around this, plug that into a usb port,(unfortuantly the DX4500 has it's own OS) and then the other end the little black 'serial' looking connector has the screw terminals for the zoom etc? Am I wrapping right?

Try "ptz decoder" on ebay for some examples. It is a device that takes the RS422 PTZ control data out from the DVR, and converts it to relay outputs to directly control lenses, pan/tilt motors, etc.

The DX4500 will only work with the KBD300 series joysticks, not the 4000 series...but if you really want to use the one you have, and are feeling adventuresome, and talk nicely to someone at Pelco, you can order a EPROM chip, and the overlay sticker, for a KBD300V, and turn it into one.

Why thank you. I can for sure do that. Now one last thing does the KBD4000v then get it's power that way? There is no 'power jack on the back per se'

No, you are going to need a PTZ decoder (even though you are not using the pan/tilt) to decode the output of the DVR into a output to control the lens.

the pelco also has on screen o/s with ptz controls

Local and Remote PTZ Control

Third-Party PTZ Protocols

the moxa will auto set your usb to com port 2 in the on screen ptz set-up. just looking at cost set-up for you plus if you just use a controller you will not be able to control your ptz from internet viewer.

extra ptz controller $120

moxa $40

You (probably) will not need the Moxa converter, the DVR has RS422 output that would go directly from it to the PTZ decoder, and it has a input that merges the DVR and joystick controls (according to the spec sheet, at least), although the manual http://www.pelco.com/documentsroot/ProductManuals/Pelco_DX4500_DX4600_Series_Digital_Video_Recorder_manual.pdf seems to show the joystick connecting in on a USB port, so some type of adapter will be required, if that is the case.

Thanx all seems like quite the expense just to hook up one camera LOL...my other thoughts would be to just run another cat 5 or even cat3 out there from my desk hooked up to a set of momentary rocker switches, have one set feed postive and the other set feed the negative?

Thanx all seems like quite the expense just to hook up one camera LOL...my other thoughts would be to just run another cat 5 or even cat3 out there from my desk hooked up to a set of momentary rocker switches, have one set feed postive and the other set feed the negative?

You could do that (actually one switch per function if you use double pole, double throw, momentary, center off), but if you look around (ebay, etc), you may be able to find the PTZ decoder very cheaply, and would allow you to add pan and tilt later, if you decided to.

All of the joystick stuff is optional, you can control the PTZ directly through the DVR with no parts other than the decoder.

Now theres a thought. I am going to do that at some point in the future thanx you may be right