ilee01

Sony SSC-CD45 How good is this?

Hi,

I'm trying to find a quality indoor cam for looking over a cash register (right above -10ft ceiling). I came across this one "SSC-CD45" to be good value = around 200 and with 540tvl resolution.

Thanks in advance.

Even though the general consensus is that a box cam is better than dome cameras, I think either of those domes will be OK for your application if you will have a well-lit area around the cash register, and no bright windows in view of the camera.

Otherwise, if you have a bright window in view of the camera, or if your lighting conditions around the cash register are inconsistent, I would go with a WDR box camera and choose a lens accordingly. I think you could get one for about the same price as these domes, and generally the picture will be better across a wider range of conditions.

Even though the general consensus is that a box cam is better than dome cameras, I think either of those domes will be OK for your application if you will have a well-lit area around the cash register, and no bright windows in view of the camera.

Otherwise, if you have a bright window in view of the camera, or if your lighting conditions around the cash register are inconsistent, I would go with a WDR box camera and choose a lens accordingly. I think you could get one for about the same price as these domes, and generally the picture will be better across a wider range of conditions.

Agree. But my customer wants to stick w/domes for discrete look.

The surroundings would be well-lit with no windows that why I am looking at these cams. Somewhat basic but produce image quality that's close to the panny 485 domes???

Agree. But my customer wants to stick w/domes for discrete look.

The surroundings would be well-lit with no windows that why I am looking at these cams. Somewhat basic but produce image quality that's close to the panny 485 domes???

484 domes

Yea, I think either of those domes will be fine for your application.

Thanks alpine0000. I enjoyed your post about the 484s domes. I would love to get one of those. But the price you pay for those you could've had a set of decent IP Megapixel cams plus your choice of NVR & licenses. Personally, I would.

Thanks alpine0000. I enjoyed your post about the 484s domes. I would love to get one of those. But the price you pay for those you could've had a set of decent IP Megapixel cams plus your choice of NVR & licenses. Personally, I would.

Yea, i agree. The Panasonic domes are pricey. I bought them from the classified section here for a huge discount, so they were worth it for me.

I am going to wait a few more years to upgrade to IP. In my opinion, there are too many different standards and I think the prices will drop a lot and the low-light performance will dramatically improve in the next few years. So I am going to sit on the sidelines and wait for 2-3 years before making the move, even though I admit that the picture is just amazing on those cameras

...Just my opinion though.

I have installed few of those (Arecont, ACTi, Mobotix). Ditto, they produce HD quality pics that all my customers wanted but didn't want to pay the price. Only few early adapters...

Okaaay, back to reality.

yes a WDR camera would be better for ever changing light condition.. alternatively a cheap budget camera would still be sufficient hence saving you pounds..

an average cost of a decent dome camera preferably vandal would be less than 100 pounds.. though ensure it is varifocal 3.6 to 9mm would be fine.. you may want to consider a night vision camera (dome) if the premises is low light at night this way you have the benefit of both worlds day and night..

Hi,

I think there is only one flaw in this camera.The lens used in the camera of old version,just try with some latest version lenses.

Otherwise,as a whole looks a fine indoor camera.I have been used these indoor cameras pity less.

Thanks.

Thanks for your info. Now, how can I get the latest version lenses? and this applies for the Sony cam, not the Panasonic (sorry for confusions), right?

or a u talking about their CCD chip that is flaw...?

yes a WDR camera would be better for ever changing light condition.. alternatively a cheap budget camera would still be sufficient hence saving you pounds..

Not neccessary for this application = constant overhead lighting: fluorescent lamps. why pay for something u don't use...

I'm looking for a cam that can produce better images with less noises and sharper details. My customer wants to verify cash transactions (changes, etc).

1/3 Type Interline Transfer CCD with Super HAD Technology

DSP technology

540 TV lines resolution

380,000 Effective Pixels

Minimum Illumination 0.9lx

Integrated 2.8 - 10 mm F1.3 vari-focal DC auto iris

On/Off Switchable CCD Iris

On/Off Switchable Backlight Compensation

Turbo Off Switchable Auto Gain Control

ATW - Pro/ATW White Balance Mode

NTSC Signal System

Internal A/C Line Lock