jets

Need DVR 16c w/client software that opens w/ 16 images..

Greetings: I'm hoping someone can hip me to a DVR with the following capabilities, or at least most of them.

I've tried Hikvision and Intellicam and, while they are quality units that do a lot more things than the popularly marketed, familiar name units do, maybe I'm asking too much from a non-PC system?

Reqs:

16 analog video ch/ no audio req'd

Dual stream so net streams can be significantly smaller

At least 5 PC's connecting via intranet and web and receiving 16 live images each

Recording capability of D1@12FPS on all channels

Net stream capable of decent images

3TB storage capacity

3-5 yr warranty

Pentaplex

And perhaps most importantly, a user interface that is not a convoluted hassle.

This is for a Hotel where a front desk attendant and separately a security guard need to view 16 live images on their PC. They are not tech savvy. Ideally, they would clicck an icon on their desktop that lands them at log in screen/ they log in and land at a screen where they can elect to view all 16 cams.. e.g. highlighting 16 cam icons and then pressing 'live'/ then the screen would show a 4x4 grid of windows that populate within seconds.

Intellicam (thanks Mike from Shoreview) can do this with their IE based browser, however there are PC's with no IE installed as a deterrent from surfing web., hence the need for a client.

That said, I'd love to find a creative solution/ workaround.

Any info is appreciated.

The user friendly GUI is a must here.

Rsvp

Thanks

Jeff

Hi there- Thx 4 reply. No I haven't. Can you elaborate? Can you speak to the features I listed?

A couple other options:

1-Install Virtual Box (FREE) then Install Windows XP into that, depending on the DVR's IE login page, you may be able to save as a .HTA file and add that to Windows Startup, if not then you could create a simple notepad text file, enter something like a meta refresh or javascript redirect to your DVR's IP or you could even slap it into an Iframe, then save THAT as a .HTA file and add to Windows Startup.

2-Whip open an old copy of Visual Basic 6 or your favourite development software, find that ActiveX control and dump that into a new EXE, resize, add any additional features it may not have, save as an EXE and make a setup file - now they can use the ActiveX without IE installed.

3-ActiveX control will (most times) still work in a PC without Internet Explorer Installed as long as the IE Core is not removed, Explorer will load the webpage. Enter DVR IP Address into any address text box at top, hit enter. Occasionally you may encounter an Explorer crash, this may be fixed by changing folder options to launch folder windows in a separate process. Basically IE is still there unless you remove the Core. If you remove the IE Core then certain administrative things wont work.

Greetings: I'm hoping someone can hip me to a DVR with the following capabilities, or at least most of them.

I've tried Hikvision and Intellicam and, while they are quality units that do a lot more things than the popularly marketed, familiar name units do, maybe I'm asking too much from a non-PC system?

Reqs:

16 analog video ch/ no audio req'd

Dual stream so net streams can be significantly smaller

At least 5 PC's connecting via intranet and web and receiving 16 live images each

Recording capability of D1@12FPS on all channels

Net stream capable of decent images

3TB storage capacity

3-5 yr warranty

Pentaplex

And perhaps most importantly, a user interface that is not a convoluted hassle.

This is for a Hotel where a front desk attendant and separately a security guard need to view 16 live images on their PC. They are not tech savvy. Ideally, they would clicck an icon on their desktop that lands them at log in screen/ they log in and land at a screen where they can elect to view all 16 cams.. e.g. highlighting 16 cam icons and then pressing 'live'/ then the screen would show a 4x4 grid of windows that populate within seconds.

Intellicam (thanks Mike from Shoreview) can do this with their IE based browser, however there are PC's with no IE installed as a deterrent from surfing web., hence the need for a client.

That said, I'd love to find a creative solution/ workaround.

Any info is appreciated.

The user friendly GUI is a must here.

Rsvp

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

like someone else has already said the avermedia will do what you have asked and more. i have this type below in a few holiday inns and they work fine for hotels. 1 good feature the hotels like is movment alert. (the aver will switch cameras when following people so security at night can see who is moving around the floors with out touching the dvrs. if you are in the uk i can put a link to a holiday inn system on a temp password for you to view.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=86