3RDIGLBL

ACTi ACM-7411 anyone with night shots?

Try refocusing at night, under IR. It looks like you have enough focus shift at night to make it fairly fuzzy, and with the iris fully open, it's more critical. The image during the day will have the iris closed down enough that (hopefully) it will not be a problem.

Also, my images were with some frame integration... But not anywhere the slowest, motion blur doesn't seem to be a problem there. I'm not a big fan of slow shutter, but in a lot of instances, 1/15th (2 frames) or so isn't a big problem.

True, is the lens your using IR corrected?

Good question... I'll have to check the spec sheet. It's an integrated lens, so there's no changing it out, unless one of you knows a trick.

************** Edit ****************

It doesn't say if it's an IR corrected lens.

mmmmm, if it doesn't say then its probably not, as most lens manufacturers would advertise that feature. With an IR cut filter and a non IR corrected lens, under IR the focal point shift may be to great for any real use of the camera in that environment.

Its not as though you can go and re focus a camera every time it gets dark and the IR is on.

Its not as though you can go and re focus a camera every time it gets dark and the IR is on.

For non IR the focus shift would normally occur during low light before the IR kicks in or the sunlight comes out. Used non IR lenses with IR and day night cameras for years, and had no real issues with them.

Edited by Guest

It was a stuck ICR... don't know why it didn't work last night... but here it is:

112438_1.jpg

Thats better LOL.

So it was stuck inbetween? Cause the day time looks off also.

no iris that I can see, just focus and ZOOM 3-12mm .

Ah sweeeeeeeeet I see it was a the IR-filter ! send a cheque to......

that picture looks pretty sharp whats the shutter speed ?

m

m

Shutter speed is set to "normal"

m

so just electronic iris it seems from the manual.

Looks like a computar lens.

How is it without the IR?

cant see in the spec's thats it "IR corrected" but im pretty sure it is unless you refocused it ?

- lets see a grab of some movement

m

Here's a picture of the lens (thats 3.3-12 on the lens marking, BTW)

112477_1.jpg

In looking closer at it, it does seem to only have the IR cut filter, and not DC iris control, only found one motor on the board, and couldn't hear anything move in changing lighting (other than the cut filter)

BTW, the newest firmware offers some interesting new features (event triggering, FTP and HTTP upload paths, SMTP config, URL based notification/ video push, and more. Looks like the folks at Acti looked at Mobotix....

Here's a picture of the lens (thats 3.3-12 on the lens marking, BTW)

112477_1.jpg

In looking closer at it, it does seem to only have the IR cut filter, and not DC iris control, only found one motor on the board, and couldn't hear anything move in changing lighting (other than the cut filter)

BTW, the newest firmware offers some interesting new features (event triggering, FTP and HTTP upload paths, SMTP config, URL based notification/ video push, and more. Looks like the folks at Acti looked at Mobotix....

"1/3" Micron Progressive Scan CMOS" no auto-A

just upgraded the firmware and taking a test drive

I updated the firmware and everything works fine till I try and connect Exacq to the camera. When I try, the camera locks up and I have power cycle the camera to be able to log into the web interface again.

Called Exacq and Acti....... Acti has a beta firmware they are sending out that will work. 3.11.11 not working with Exacq

Edited by Guest

yes they are a bit clunky sometimes my 3401 takes 10 seconds to do anthing after you click an option in the web interface -they need to fix this -just copy axis repsonse times as a reference

lets see some IR shots with movement !

z

I updated the firmware and everything works fine till I try and connect Exacq to the camera. When I try, the camera locks up and I have power cycle the camera to be able to log into the web interface again.

Called Exacq and Acti....... Acti has a beta firmware they are sending out that will work. 3.11.11 not working with Exacq

Let us know about that firmware and how it works. I couldn't get that version to work with Exacq either, I'll try it with Milestone later.

BTW, I'm not sure what you will gain when using it with Exacq anyways, I kind of thought of this new version as a step closer to a standalone platform, like Mobotix. It seems to have some possible applications in that sense.

Let us know about that firmware and how it works. I couldn't get that version to work with Exacq either, I'll try it with Milestone later.

BTW, I'm not sure what you will gain when using it with Exacq anyways, I kind of thought of this new version as a step closer to a standalone platform, like Mobotix. It seems to have some possible applications in that sense.

I think this update is closer to Axis then Mobotix. They have the advantage that you can trigger day/night setting for the motion windows over Axis but they are no where near the capabilities of Mobotix.

I like the ability to send images to email on event and until Exacq can do that this will be a work around.

How does the 1231 compare to the 7411? If I remember correctly the 7411 has a slightly better lens at F1.4 vs F1.6 on the 1231. Does this make a noticeable difference, and warrant spending the extra cash on the 7411? I'm curious why it seems more people are using the 7411...

How does the 1231 compare to the 7411? If I remember correctly the 7411 has a slightly better lens at F1.4 vs F1.6 on the 1231. Does this make a noticeable difference, and warrant spending the extra cash on the 7411? I'm curious why it seems more people are using the 7411...

We use the dome more often, because around here, people turn bullets into pinata's.... Other than that, the 1231's are fine.

We use the dome more often, because around here, people turn bullets into pinata's.... Other than that, the 1231's are fine.

Acti told me the 1231 and the 7411 are the same camera but in different housings. Plus the 1231 has the IR.

So I guess it's safe to say a 1231 and a 7411 can give the same night time image? (when out of range of the 1231's IRs which isn't far.)

The reason I ask is I bought a 1231 to throw in my demo case for those hard sells. I figured a 1231 would demonstrate pretty well how most of their day/night cameras both indoor and out would perform under various environments.