ajheredia

Coax Protocol Panasonic WV-CW960

Hi all!

I'm new here.

I've got a question about a Panasonic camera, model WV-CW960.

This is an analog camera and we want to integrate it in a Bosch IP system with a VIPX1600 encoder. The thing is that the camera uses the coaxial telemetry protocol, which I don't now what protocol is. I think it could be Pelco Coaxitron, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Could anyone tell me what is that protocol? Would there be any converter from that coaxial protocol to a RS485 protocol that the mentioned encoder supports?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all!

I'm new here.

This is an analog camera and we want to integrate it in a Bosch IP system with a VIPX1600 encoder. The thing is that the camera uses the coaxial telemetry protocol, which I don't now what protocol is. I think it could be Pelco Coaxitron, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Could anyone tell me what is that protocol? Would there be any converter from that coaxial protocol to a RS485 protocol that the mentioned encoder supports?

Thanks in advance.

Out of the X1600 you can output Panasonic 485 control...

I've worked with Panasonic tech support before and made this work. I even wrote code for the x1600 encoder to send panasonic payload commands.

To get the, Panasonic up-the-coax, as they call it, you would need a panasonic converter. Not sure if they make one...

Bosch sells their version, LTC 8016 ,using Bilinx.

Pelco sells their version for Pelco P/D to coaxitron.

Hi all!

I'm new here.

Thanks in advance.

Panasonic use their own protocol (which is well documented) at 19k2bps but the Panasonic cameras can also emulate Pelco-D at 9600bps. You can switch the Panasonic 960 dome to RS485 by setting SW8 on dip switch 1 on (but you also have to set the RS485 address using dip switches 1-7). The smaller dip switch turns the RS485 termination on (SW1) and sets it to 2 or 4 wire mode) - see the manual for details.

Panasonic did release an application note explaining how to put it into Pelco-D mode but I don't have a copy of it to hand. Ask your local Panasonic dealer.

Panasonic did release an application note explaining how to put it into Pelco-D mode but I don't have a copy of it to hand. Ask your local Panasonic dealer.

did you happen to find this info by any chance i have looked every where and cannot find it.