CCTV_Suppliers

Software That Fixes Itself

Of course not... your and my software are "special" breed...

What I really liked about this concept of "fixing" software on the fly is that it actually takes place at the binary level... not something IBM was talking about few years back...

However... What if this technology gets on wrong hands??? It can destroy the entire software infrastructure.. or better yet, take over the entire Internet software platform... I will not be surprised if this software somehow disappears in a short time and we probably will never hear about it again... for obvious reasons of course...

Very interesting technology that can do many good things, but I do not think we will ever see it in actual world around us...

Im wondering if this even works with an OS like Windows?

think maybe they are writing it in assembly?

The best I can gather, yes... since they are making notation that correction of the software takes place in binary... I have been following this article for the last two days... and somehow it has very restrictive publications.. As matter of fact, there are no "test" bench results or any publication in any reputable magazine... at least not for now...

If so, the question is how they do it.. One of the channels recommended that upon BIOS load startup, it loads into the RAM and then follows activities of higher language software applications... and monitors major "execution" of an application that has not been learned yet... How it learns through its AI content is yet another interesting angle that not much could be found..

One of the articles was mentioning that if IE is attacked, it fixes this potential vulnerability... Well, that is great, but how? It has to know the exact premise how such product works and then monitor changes that it is being forced to adhere... which then apparently it takes over and closes such vulnerability... Sound like something you see in Scientific movie, but I guess this one is a reality...

We will wait and see where this goes.. I know I will continue tracking it..

Yeah maybe it will virtualize the OS, like run the OS within itself?

Anyway, I can see it having alot of false alarms. Perhaps it is a start to something better though. Then again, where did AI ever go ...