alawil

Question over night image

Hi

I have the following camera camir-640iv3b

Its connected to a Geovision 800 DVR card.

During the daytime the image is pretty clear, however at night time the image seem foggy and not very clear.

I can see the IR is on as the LEDs on the camera glow red, yet the picture does not seem to switch to B&W. I've heard this is something to do with the orange street light - could this be the case? Any ideas on how i can make the image much clearer?

I'm also considering adding ANPR to my system to capture number plates, what's involved in getting this setup and likely costs?

I'm trying to post an image from the camera to show you what im talking about but i always get the error'Trying to upload empty file' yet i can open the file and see the image on my PC.

I'm trying to post an image from the camera to show you what im talking about but i always get the error'Trying to upload empty file' yet i can open the file and see the image on my PC.

Try to upload image and get same error. Upload to http://photobucket.com/ or any place on internet. Click Img, paste image address, click Img again. Like this:

[img=http://photobucket.com/albums/your_image.jpg]

112145_1.jpg

Hi

I'm still having problems making available the image from my camera, as i've not made 5 postings the forum wont allow me to post URLs, any thoughts on how i can get the image posted?

Its on photobucket so usual 'www' dot photobucket dot com followed by:

/albums/vv284/alawil/Image20090818_02.jpg

Looks like the IR LEDs are reflecting off the inside of the glass and into the lens. There should be a black rubber "gasket" around the end of the lens and snug up against the inside of the glass to prevent that - make sure that's in place.

Hi

I'm still having problems making available the image from my camera, as i've not made 5 postings the forum wont allow me to post URLs, any thoughts on how i can get the image posted?

Its on photobucket so usual 'www' dot photobucket dot com followed by:

/albums/vv284/alawil/Image20090818_02.jpg

alawil,

This is address of your image.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/alawil/Image20090818_02.jpg

Use Img button. Click Img, paste image address, click Img again. Like this:

[img=http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/alawil/Image20090818_02.jpg]

112609_1.jpg

Take off the dome cover at night and test to see if it still having problems. If it clears it up then clean your dome cover and make sure rubber shroud is completely up to the dome.

If it does not then it is because your LED's are not strong enough or some other lighting in the area is affecting ur camera

Thanks for your replies, the camera has an IR anti-bleed filter, details of camera at www dot tradecctv dot net /specs/TC310HQ1.pdf , so i don't think this is the issue. I've also tried cleaning the lens tonight with no success.

Any thoughts why the camera is not switching to B&W despite the IR being on? Surely if the darkness is enough to trigger IR it would trigger B&W also?

I noticed last night while the street light outside to the left of the picture warmed up and was not at full brightness that the IR was on and the image was B&W and much much clearer. Once the street light was at full brightness the camera switched back to colour and the image returns to not being very clear.

Street light is causing the ICR (Infrared Cut-Filter Removal) to think its still in the daytime. So your camera is thinking its in day mode therefore it is not removing the cut-filter so your camera can be sensitive to IR lighting