visharo

Desktop for EMS system !! Need advise ..

is this specs compatible for smooth EMS viewing for 64 channel. 3 x 16 channel standalone DVR is into the system.

DELL Precision T3400 workstation

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 (2.66G/1333FSB/4MB)

Minitower Orientation without 1394

2GB (2X1GB) 800MHz ECC Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM Memory

320GB SATA HDD (3.0G/s , 7.2k RPM)

Dual 256MB PCIe x16 NVIDIA QUODRO NVS290, DUAL DVI, DUAL VGA AND DVI+VGA

What's an EMS? In my world it's an energy managment system... but I don't think that's what your referring to.

its actualy a virtual management system . that combine 3-4 16 channel DVR together and view into 1 single screen . its like an organizer and multiple viewer .

Weird, I've never heard it referred to as such.

Well, anyway... to answer your question we need to know a lot more info. The information supplied is entirely too vague...

-Most importantly, what remote client software do you intend to run?

-How many monitors will you have and at what resolution will they display? For 64 cameras you'll probably need more than one!

-What type of cameras will you be viewing? Analog, IP, IP megapixel, or a mix of all?

Weird, I've never heard it referred to as such.

Well, anyway... to answer your question we need to know a lot more info. The information supplied is entirely too vague...

-Most importantly, what remote client software do you intend to run?

-How many monitors will you have and at what resolution will they display? For 64 cameras you'll probably need more than one!

-What type of cameras will you be viewing? Analog, IP, IP megapixel, or a mix of all?

alritez .. i will provide more info on it ..

hm .. remote client software .. Enterprise management suite ?? ( this shud be the remote client software

2 x 32' plasma or LCD TV

about 48 x analog camera

What's an EMS? In my world it's an energy managment system... but I don't think that's what your referring to.

its actualy a virtual management system . that combine 3-4 16 channel DVR together and view into 1 single screen . its like an organizer and multiple viewer .

i thought it was called cms. in the cctv world. ems is for broadcasting tv over more screens.