AnD

Java viewer

I have a problem, I recently installed Windows7 and now I'm not able to view my images from my dvr (avc760) with "video server e". So I looked for something else and I want to use the java app that is hosted at http://scorpiontheater.com/javaapp.aspx

I downloaded CCTV.JAR, I also use this on my laptop (Ubuntu Linux).

The problem is that I have to put in the hostname and the port, username and password everytime I start it. I saw on the webpage where I downloaded this app, that you can use a shortcut in Windows but I made one to this app and added my hostname, port, etc. but that's not working.

This is what I have

C:\CCTV.jar

I added this

C:\CCTV.jar 192.168.1.3 81 admin *******

But this doesn't work

So what is the correct why to do that ?

Sorry to deviate away from the question. It caught my eye that you were having problems with Windows 7, and I wondered if this was isolated to you, or if all AVtech users will have problems with Win 7?

Do you think it is an active x issue?

If it was a browser problem then you could delete temp internet files, and this would allow you to reload the active x.

You said that Video Server E was not working?

I don't think this is an activex problem, I only use Firefox and as far as I know, firefox isn't using activex, firefox uses NPAPI (Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface) that is using functions that are similar to activex.

I think it's a java problem. When I want to view the images true the webbrowser (FF) then I can see that java is starting up but the view is white.

If I start video Server E, then I log in but nothing happens.

And on my laptop (Ubuntu Linux x64) I can see the images in firefox and I also use the java app CCTV.jar without a problem.

I have no idea if there are more Win7 users with the same problem.

Video Server E works fine for me under Windows 7.

What you are probably missing is that when you install it you need to right-click first and "Run as administrator." I would suggest a reboot afterwards.

Next, the VideoPlayer app doesn't get installed correctly. You need to execute the installer (in the Video Server E folder) and install it (in the same folder) to get it working. If you put it in the default folder it won't work. Again, "run as admin" for the installation.

Video Server E works fine for me under Windows 7.

What you are probably missing is that when you install it you need to right-click first and "Run as administrator." I would suggest a reboot afterwards.

Next, the VideoPlayer app doesn't get installed correctly. You need to execute the installer (in the Video Server E folder) and install it (in the same folder) to get it working. If you put it in the default folder it won't work. Again, "run as admin" for the installation.

Indeed that was the trick