Stuart

Concerning IP Cameras

I am a bit confused about the difference between IP cameras and the cameras that I currently have installed to work with my DVR. This is my issue:

We recently installed 6 AXIS 211 IP cameras in our community running from Comcast Cable network. Currently we are only able to view one camera at at time, but desire an interface so we can see all cameras on one screen simultaniously, such as I have on my DVR. Axis sells what is called a "camera station" that enables such a feature plus recording. Is there an alternative for such software that is free or very cheap that will allow viewing and recording from an internet connection?

there is a super cheap way,

just do a web page with all the cams programed in with there separate IP's

Axis have info on how to do it on their site

ie:

"http://10.0.0.XXX/mjpg/video.mjpg" will be embedded in the page

xxx being each cam`s IP

or you could do static image also,

note this will crank up the bandwidth

z

I am a bit confused about the difference between IP cameras and the cameras that I currently have installed to work with my DVR. This is my issue:

We recently installed 6 AXIS 211 IP cameras in our community running from Comcast Cable network. Currently we are only able to view one camera at at time, but desire an interface so we can see all cameras on one screen simultaniously, such as I have on my DVR. Axis sells what is called a "camera station" that enables such a feature plus recording. Is there an alternative for such software that is free or very cheap that will allow viewing and recording from an internet connection?

What does Axis cost?

What is cheap?

JD

For 6 cameras Axis wants around 800 bucks for the software, but this does not include a storage device.

not exactly professional level but since you said free or cheap check out webcamxp. they have a free singlecam version to try out.