sicon99

Panasonic WV-CS854 Pinout help!

I bought a WV-CS854 off ebay but it did not come with the mounting base/wiring harness. So im left with a block of pins and now ideas as to which is which. I have searched the net for a diagram but they only show the connectors.

The power is easy to figure out since it is the two with the largest traces, however i have no clue how to figure out which ones are for re284 and which two are for video.

If anyone has one of these laying around would they be able to trace their connector and tell me which pins i need for serial/video?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Did you have any luck finding the pin out for the camera?

I have two of the same cameras as well. If you did find it could you share the info? Thanks

If you are abosuletly sure which two are power, I'd suggest getting a binding post bnc connector from an audio place, or eletronic supply shop or get a female balun with post screws and a male balun with post screws and and and play around with some cat5 or whatever wire and mixing your connections around until you get a picture. If you hook the data wires as video it shouldn't hurt anything you just won't get a picture. The thing to remember is you have to try each set of wires on both posts because you need to know what is the video grnd and what is the video wire.

Looks like we are all in the same boat .

I also bought 5 off of ebay from an electronics recycler. I was going to try to mess with it but I just dont have time to tinker with them. Its a shame I dont have the bases because they sure are good cameras. I am hoping to find a salvage one come up on ebay for a good price with a wire base.

If anyone comes up with a reliable solution please let me know.

I also bought some of these cameras on E-Bay without bases, and have assembled some pinout info.

It is difficult to discuss the pins on these units without the aid of pictures, but I'll give it a go here.

Power is NOT supplied through the black 14-pin connector. An above poster mentioned large traces on the connecter PCB, but these are NOT power. Power is supplied via the 3 larger hooks on the bottom. Looking at the bottom of the unit, connectors at the top, the pin to the immediate right of the connector is Neutral on 24VAC models, the pin on the bottom is Hot/Line, and the other pin is a ground (you do not need to wire to this one).

From this same orientation (bottom view, connector centered at the top), the top 2 pins on the right-hand column are the video output. Top pin ground/shield, next pin down is the video signal.

Detailed information and photos are available on my personal web site at:

http://www.abel-tech.net/view_article.php?id=5

My RS485 adapter has not came in yet, so I cannot offer any advice about control pins at this time.

Hope this helps.

Matthew Abel

Edited by Guest

My RS485 adapter came in today, and I managed to find the RS485 pins on the CS854.

Back (solder point) view of the DIP switch board

diagramJPG-1.jpg

1 - Alarm Input 2

2 - Alarm Input 1

5 - RS485 D/T+

7 - RS485 D/T-

8 - Alarm Input 3

9 - Alarm Input 4

10 - Alarm Output 2

11 - Alarm Output 1

12 - Alarm Ground

13 - Video Signal

14 - Video Ground

My RS485 adapter is only capable of 2 wire (half-duplex) operation, so

I did not look for the other 2 pins needed for 4 wire operation.

I have all three of my cameras operating using half duplex mode on the

Panasonic protocol using only pins 5 and 7.

To set the camera to half-duplex, set DIP switches 2,3, and 4 on the

small bank to ON.

I used 9600,8,N,1 to test and configure my cameras. Detailed information

can be found in the CS854 manual starting at page 45.

http://www.abelm-tech.net/downloads/CS854.pdf

If your DVR does not support the Panasonic protocol, you can use the program

at the link below to test your RS485, as well as to access the camera's OSD.

http://www.zmx.com.au/software.htm

I also wrote a PTZ control program for these cameras that is a little more flexible. It can be also be found at my personal website, along with more detailed information on the pinouts.

Power and Video Pins: http://www.abel-tech.net/view_article.php?id=5

RS485 Pins and Mounting: http://www.abel-tech.net/view_article.php?id=6

PTZ Control Program: http://www.abel-tech.net/view_file.php?id=15

I hope this helps.

Matthew Abel

EDITED: Added alarm pins and updated URLs on 1/11/11

Edited by Guest

Hello - do either of you know how to use this camera in low light? I have successfully set it up in my home system using Pelco-P to control movement. Works great during the day, but night performance is non-existent. Do I have to put it into low-light mode? My other day/night camera auto switch but they also have IR LEDs. I am going to read through the manual today but figured I'd ask you guys first. Any insight is appreciated!

Pete

I happened to stumble upon the factory issued REPAIR manual for this monster. I also purchased three of these "non-working" cams thru Ebay but my soldering skills are not unlike the thought of a polar bear performing Swan Lake.

The PDF is 2.33 megs and as I am new and basically way too lazy to read thru the rules so I am unsure whether it is ok to post an outside link or not. I can email the puppy out to anyone interested.

In return I am interested in a means to use the connector that interfaces with the section that is supposed to connect to the mount base in order to access the camera's ability.

Hope I can help and I also hope I can get some ideas.

PC

I also purchased 3 of these on ebay, and I'm looking into connecting them up. I have a Operating manual, but could really use a copy of a Repair/Service Manual. If anyone has a copy of this that could be emailed to me it would really be appreciated. I have dissassembled the units, and all things look okay. But I need more info to spot check continuity etc .

PCUSER mentioned havien a repair manual for this monster.