rss

16 channel recommendation

I've been using Nuvico DV series dvrs for quite some time and recently had a problem with a (2) 16 channel, 600gb dvr setup.

My problem is severe lag time in motion recording (7 seconds to be exact)

What I'm looking for is something to replace these units with:

Excellent motion software

good network software (2 dvrs, so multi is nice)

of course good quality and compression.

I'm trying to stay around $2000

Also, I will have (4) 300GB drives which would be nice to use

Any help would be much appreciated.

If you know of any demo sites please let me know.

Thanks

RSS

Hi

$2000 per DVR or total?

If its total, then you would be in the PC Card range, for the specs you require.

I have 2 PC Demos on my web site. the Iview DVR, and the Eclipse DVR. IView is a more powerful DVR with more features, including Pocket PC. Does multi site, Remote Triplex (Playback, Live, Multi Site all in one window) etc.

Eclipse is a cheapo DVR, still has the stand alone features and simple to use.

They are both in the same price range, Eclipse is a little cheaper, and they both have HTTP server for DDNS Browser Access, as well as Full Client Software. Iview lets you control the entire PC Remotely using a PCAnywhere Like software by them, and Eclipse just lets you change the DVR settings remotely.

Basically as far as Remote Software goes, Iview is more powerful and has more features, though Eclipse is easier to use. The browser client from Eclipse looks better, though its a Pop up which in Updated IE can be a problem, the Iview is not as pretty though works good.

Anyway, as for stand alones, its really either Nuvico or Hunt in the $2000 price range, if you just want a Budget 16channel the AvTech in the $800-900 range. In the higher end would be GE, Bosch, etc. $3000-5000.

Rory