ginogag

hows this dvr card

has anyone ever heard of avermedia or averdigi eyes pro??????

its a nvr capture card hybrid. its been around for a few years (2007) you can still get the up-dates for it. and averdigi has just up-dated the m/p ip camera compatable list.

so can i use it for my hardwired cameras ????? Tell me if this is possible ....i have 2 hardwired Black and white cameras ....probably going to install 2 more ..going to install my 4 ch. avermedia eyespro in my desktop that i dont use at all ,being i just got a new laptop.....DESKTOP HAS 3.2 mgz,4 gigs ram,pent 4,ati radeon 300 ...with 85 gigs of hd..with windows xp home...... and eventually i want to be able to moniter it from my laptop when im away......Im pretty sure my verizon fios router has a static ip because the gadget on my desktop always shows the same ip address and external ip address..........i type in my ip address in address bar and verizons log on screen comes up asking me for username and password .............which i didnt set up yet.........i think i have to set up a home network or something ........anyway ill cross that bridge when i come to it....so what do you think ........will it work????????/

p.s.........if that card is an NVR CARD ????? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NVR CARD AND DVR CARD??????? THANKS FOR READING .......its an avermedia or averdigi eyespros 4

so can i use it for my hardwired cameras ????? Tell me if this is possible ....i have 2 hardwired Black and white cameras ....probably going to install 2 more ..going to install my 4 ch. avermedia eyespro in my desktop that i dont use at all ,being i just got a new laptop.....DESKTOP HAS 3.2 mgz,4 gigs ram,pent 4,ati radeon 300 ...with 85 gigs of hd..with windows xp home...... and eventually i want to be able to moniter it from my laptop when im away......Im pretty sure my verizon fios router has a static ip because the gadget on my desktop always shows the same ip address and external ip address..........i type in my ip address in address bar and verizons log on screen comes up asking me for username and password .............which i didnt set up yet.........i think i have to set up a home network or something ........anyway ill cross that bridge when i come to it....so what do you think ........will it work????????/

p.s.........if that card is an NVR CARD ????? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NVR CARD AND DVR CARD??????? THANKS FOR READING .......its an avermedia or averdigi eyespros 4

Hi ginogag.

yes it will work. but try and put a bigger h/d in your pc for better storage.

to view over internet just port forward 5550 to your nvrs ip. (no software needed) to log on its the following

http://yourip:5550

on cellphone. http://yourip:5550/JAVA-Viewer.html

nvr and dvr ......... your nvr can use 4 standard cameras or ip cameras.

http://www.avermedia.com/averdigi/Support/DownloadDetail.aspx?id=171

hope this helps.

tomcctv ....thanks alot,,,,,youve been very helpful...i find this stuff very interesting .Did 5 years security work in nyc, but never really got into the tech stuff. Back to hard-drive......im going to record motion only BUT if i have to ill buy an external hd......Im probably GOING need help with remote viewing......ill let you know.................ill keep you up to date THANKS AGAIN

PS BUY THE WAY IF YOU HAVE ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS GIVE ME A SHOUT ......DOING ELECTRICAL WORK FOR 21 YEARS ....ACTUALLY HAVE A SMALL BUSINESS

Edited by Guest

tomcctv ....thanks alot,,,,,youve been very helpful...i find this stuff very interesting .Did 5 years security work in nyc, but never really got into the tech stuff. Back to hard-drive......im going to record motion only BUT if i have to ill buy an external hd......Im probably GOING need help with remote viewing......ill let you know.................ill keep you up to date THANKS AGAIN

i am in the uk but i did most of my time with cctv in west virginia.

i have a manual here for you but i cant send pdf files on here i will send you a pm.

Tom.