tomdlgns

windows 7...other options for multiview?

i have a user that needs to access all of our DVRs from his PC when he travels.

the problem is, remote viewer wont connect with the nwe DVR systems and it wont install on windows 7.

i told him to use the web browser, but that is not an option, too much clicking around.

multiview works good, but it doesnt save DVRs in the drop down list. i always have to tell him to click edit, type the address of the next DVR he wants to view, but again, too many steps, especially for someone who cant remember the DVR addresses.

i want to go to geovision and ask them why they put a drop down arrow if they dont allow us to save DVR addresses in the list.

there are 6 systems

4 use the 8.2 software

2 use the 8.3 software.

any recommendations are appreciated.

thanks

Tell him to use the dropdown in multiview, choose the last dvr access and in multiview add all of his dvrs so you have them on the right side like icons. Just doubleclick the Icon (Can be a company name whatever) and you will get the images. Dont know whats bad here ?

He only must open multiview, choose the last dvr from drowdown menu, connect and then he has all of his dvr on the right side with names saved. Maybe 3 clicks ....

Tell him to use the dropdown in multiview, choose the last dvr access and in multiview add all of his dvrs so you have them on the right side like icons. Just doubleclick the Icon (Can be a company name whatever) and you will get the images. Dont know whats bad here ?

He only must open multiview, choose the last dvr from drowdown menu, connect and then he has all of his dvr on the right side with names saved. Maybe 3 clicks ....

i cant get multiple DVRs to stay in that list. that is the problem i am having.

Try the following for multiple DVR's/cams in MultiView:

To put all cameras from different sites on one screen, Go to "site1.dipmap.com"

On bottom right , there is a button "save camera to multiple host" > click.

On the small page , remove "New Host" and replace it with "site1"

And fill in your password, click ok. You will see on the top right ,under "site1" (in green) , another "site1" (in yellow)

Now you can close out of "site1" completely.

Restart Multiview using "site2.dipmap.com"

Repeat the process above , except fill in "site2" instead and you should see "site2" on the list as well (top right).

Now click on the button "Edit Host" (bottom - third in from right).

At bottom of page, click on "new", select host and then on top right of screen, click on "Multiple Host"

At "Host Name" remove "New Host" and replace it with "all cams" (or whatever you like)

Fill in password and save at the bottom

Now click on "all cams" (top left), then click the "+" in front of "site1" (top right)

You see all your cam’s from "site1". Click on one of the cameras and drag the icon over to the left and release it on the first “Editâ€

Try the following for multiple DVR's/cams in MultiView:

To put all cameras from different sites on one screen, Go to "site1.dipmap.com"

On bottom right , there is a button "save camera to multiple host" > click.

On the small page , remove "New Host" and replace it with "site1"

And fill in your password, click ok. You will see on the top right ,under "site1" (in green) , another "site1" (in yellow)

Now you can close out of "site1" completely.

Restart Multiview using "site2.dipmap.com"

Repeat the process above , except fill in "site2" instead and you should see "site2" on the list as well (top right).

Now click on the button "Edit Host" (bottom - third in from right).

At bottom of page, click on "new", select host and then on top right of screen, click on "Multiple Host"

At "Host Name" remove "New Host" and replace it with "all cams" (or whatever you like)

Fill in password and save at the bottom

Now click on "all cams" (top left), then click the "+" in front of "site1" (top right)

You see all your cam’s from "site1". Click on one of the cameras and drag the icon over to the left and release it on the first “Editâ€